This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Jul-2014 21:55 Last Post By: monkeyboy Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
eyolfj

Problems with the50-Image limit
Posted: 12-Oct-2011 10:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Using the svcore directory map content from my SimpleViewer - Pro 2.1.3 (copies it to the jAlbum directory map) to show more than 50 images in the free SimpleViewer. After upgrading to jAlbum 10.1 and SimpleViewer 5.12.1 yesterday I do not manage to produce SimpleViewer albums with 50+ images anymore.
Shows only the 50 first images (in Preview mode only, when publishing to the Web thumbnails and big photo is not shown).
In other respects the album looks OK.
Link to album in question:
http://eyolfj.jalbum.net/Norwegian%20Landscapes%20in%20October%20No%201/
I think the problem lies in where I place the svcore map directory. Problems with finding the given path:
'SimpleViewer/folder/simpleviewer/svcore/' >>> where??
Using Windows Vista. Needs help.
monkeyboy

Re: Problems with the50-Image limit
Posted: 12-Oct-2011 14:29   in response to: eyolfj in response to: eyolfj

From within jAlbum, go to 'Tools -> Open Directories -> Skin directory'.
Double-click the folder named 'folder' to enter it.
Double-click the folder named 'simpleviewer' (within 'folder') to enter it.
Delete the folder named 'svcore' (within 'simpleviewer').
Now copy and paste the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro download package ('simpleviewer_pro_213/web/svcore/') into 'folder/simpleviewer/' where the original 'svcore' folder was.
Now rebuild your album.
eyolfj

Posted: 12-Oct-2011 15:05   in response to: monkeyboy in response to: monkeyboy

Hi!
Thanks for the help monkeyboy. You made my day and I have learned a lot. You got me on the right track. Your procedure worked like a dream.
Published now with the correct number of images (50+), see
http://eyolfj.jalbum.net/Norwegian%20Landscapes%20in%20October%20No%201/
So good to have people like you around
kind regards
Eyolf
shankshere

Posted: 08-Jul-2014 18:46   in response to: eyolfj in response to: eyolfj

Good evening,
I have purchased the SV Pro Version today and tried to integrate it into Jalbum.
The directory where to find the svcore has changed a little bit, but I found it.
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\jAlbum\skins\SimpleViewer\select\simpleviewer.
I have deleted and copied the new file, but still my files are limited to 50 for an upload for each folder. As well copying:
SimpleViewer-Pro configuration options can be entered into the 'Pro Options' text area, in the 'Viewers -> SimpleViewer -> Pro' section of the skin's settings, in the form:

optionName1=optionValue1
optionName2=optionValue2
as proposed to another request, does not change anything.
Has anybody the solution for me?
Jalbum is 12.1.10 and Simple Viewer Pro is 2.3.2
Thanks a lot
Shankshere
monkeyboy

Posted: 08-Jul-2014 21:55   in response to: shankshere in response to: shankshere

If your galleries are still limited to 50 images and your Pro Options are not active, then it is likely that your album still uses SimpleViewer-Standard.
Check to see if the SimpleViewer branding is present in the lower-right corner of your galleries. If it is, then SimpleViewer-Standard is still in use. (The branding is not present in SimpleViewer-Pro galleries.)

Skins can be installed in one of two locations.
To check the active skin directory (which may be C:\Program Files (x86)\Jalbum\skins\ rather than C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\jAlbum\skins\), select the SimpleViewer skin and go to 'Tools -> Open Directories -> Skin directory' from the drop-down menu at the top.

Instructions to upgrade the skin from SimpleViewer-Standard to SimpleViewer-Pro can be found here.

I hope this helps.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums