This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22-Apr-2012 23:50 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Kai-Uwe

JAlbum for iPad with own Webspace
Posted: 27-Sep-2011 11:01

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
just testet a few hours the free Version of JAlbum...then found the IPad/iPhone Version...And Yes! That the right thing/combination for me!

So i bought the full Version today.
But now i found out (maybe i am wrong) that there is no way to use the iPad-Version with own Webspace. Only with Albums hostet at JAlbum.

I that right?

Ist there a way to yuse the iPad-Version with own Webspace?

Greetings from Germany
Kai-Uwe
AnCa

Re: JAlbum for iPad with own Webspace
Posted: 27-Sep-2011 15:37   in response to: Kai-Uwe in response to: Kai-Uwe
Helpful
If you add your album (that is hosted on your own webspace) to your jalbum home page kai-uwe.jalbum.net and the album you created have a media rss file (the setting Album Settings->Advanced->Metadata->Generate Media RSS feed is enabled) you will be able to use the iOS app to view your album.

But you can't use the iOS app to add or remove images in an album that is hosted on your own webspace. For that to work you have to host it on our servers.
wdragon

Posted: 22-Apr-2012 23:46   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

Hello, what I need to be able to do is to keep the album I create on my own webserver. When I do that, it works fine on flash enable device but doesn't work on iPad or iPhone.

What can I do to make it work?

Thanks
jGromit

Posted: 22-Apr-2012 23:50   in response to: wdragon in response to: wdragon

wdragon wrote:
Hello, what I need to be able to do is to keep the album I create on my own webserver. When I do that, it works fine on flash enable device but doesn't work on iPad or iPhone.

What can I do to make it work?

If you're using a skin that produces a Flash album, you'd have to write your own application to serve a special version of the album to non-Flash devices. Some skins also provide a fall-back option for non-Flash visitors. What skin are you using?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums