Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » Matrix and MatrixSlide

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Jan-2011 23:09 Last Post By: msand42 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
msand42

is there a HTML "unbold" tag?
Posted: 17-Jan-2011 14:34

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am able to use the HTML "B" tag to temporarily bold text in the image comments box.
But if I initially bold everything via the skin setting (Fonts > Enlarged Images > Weight = Bold) is there a way to temporarily unbold text in the comments box?
I searched my HTML book and some Internet HTML sites and couldn't find anything.

A related question...I notice that some HTML tags work in the comments and some have no effect. For example, the tag FONT FACE="fontname" has no effect. Is there another way to temporarily change the font?
jGromit

Re: is there a HTML "unbold" tag?
Posted: 17-Jan-2011 15:04   in response to: msand42 in response to: msand42

For starters, Matrix is XHTML compliant, so you shouldn't be using non-XHTML compliant tags like <b> or <font>.

Let's say you've told the skin to use "bold" weight for comments under images, but you want a couple of words to be non-bold. Enter the comment like this:
Comment <span style="font-weight:normal;">not bold</span> bold again.
Now let's do the same thing, but also use a different font for the un-bolded part:
Comment <span style="font-family:Papyrus; font-weight:normal;">not bold and in Papyrus</span> bold again and back to Verdana.
jGromit

Posted: 17-Jan-2011 15:29   in response to: msand42 in response to: msand42

By the way, this is something that needs to be repeated often: just because you code a page to use the "ClownFace" font, that doesn't mean that your site visitors will see that font. They will see that font only if they have the ClownFace font installed on their PCs. In other words, the font isn't embedded in the page somehow. There's just a CSS command that says, "Yo, browser! Use the ClownFace font to show this text. If you don't have it, just use your default font."

That's why it's good to specify not only a font, but also a fallback font and a generic font-family. So, at least the fallback will be in the right general category, like a sans-serif.
msand42

Posted: 18-Jan-2011 23:09   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

THANKS! That worked.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums