Home » jAlbum forums » Uploading albums

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Sep-2010 03:44 Last Post By: jimberry
heimdallhuset

Cannot see my pictures on my website???
Posted: 05-Sep-2010 23:17

Click to reply to this thread Reply
After solving the problem of connecting to my server, I now have the next problem:
I don't know in which location I have to put my pictures in the directory. What Album suggested didn't work ( I cannot see the pictures), I tried another location (creating a new map in the public.html), but this won't work either. Before I had a link to Picasa, where my foto's were uploaded. Do I just change this in het jalbum-connection? I'm a littele bit uncertain to do that.
What's the solution? I can't see find anything on the forum or the help-page.
Thanks for any help.
Chris
jGromit

Re: Cannot see my pictures on my website???
Posted: 05-Sep-2010 23:24   in response to: heimdallhuset in response to: heimdallhuset

Let's say your domain is example.com. If you upload your album to public_html, then anyone going to example.com will see your album. But you won't be able to put another album in the same place - it would just replace the first one.

If you upload your album to public_html/mydog, the someone going to example.com/mydog will see your album. If you upload it to public_html/mycat, then someone going to example.com/mycat will see your album.

So, you should probably upload each album to its own directory. If you want to tie them all together somehow, you would have to create a home page with links to each of your albums. That home page would be called index.html, and you would upload it to public_html. But Jalbum can't create that page for you - it's not a general-purpose web-authoring tool. It can create only photo albums.

It really is that simple. :)
heimdallhuset

Posted: 06-Sep-2010 15:37   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Maybe I explain what I want to do (and what I did before with Picasa).
On my website I have a page with pictures.(see website: www.heimdallhuset.com) There were problems with Picasa. So I'm looking to an alternative.
Can I upload different albums with Jalbum to that page? Or is that not possible with Jalbum?
Thanks for your answer!
SkiFreak

Posted: 06-Sep-2010 15:41   in response to: heimdallhuset in response to: heimdallhuset

Can I upload different albums with Jalbum to that page?
Do you want to place an album at the root of your website or in the WordPress blog pages?
heimdallhuset

Posted: 06-Sep-2010 21:05   in response to: SkiFreak in response to: SkiFreak

I'm not sure what the difference is.(you can see I'm not so familiar with working with websites. I'm just starting.....:-)
But I guess I want it in the root of the website (as one page with different albums).
I imagine that in the blog is more for I or 2 pictures, and that is not a problem with Wordpress. I hope I get it right.
SkiFreak

Posted: 07-Sep-2010 03:09   in response to: heimdallhuset in response to: heimdallhuset

I'm not sure what the difference is.
Hmmmmmmmmm....

The root of your website is where you have the image with a choice of languages.
Clicking on a language link takes you to a WordPress blog.

Where do you want your album to be displayed?
heimdallhuset

Posted: 07-Sep-2010 22:04   in response to: SkiFreak in response to: SkiFreak

Then I want it in the Wordpress blog. .....(on the foto-page)
(so I have learned something today, thanks).
I tried to find it on the Wordpress-forum, but like many other forums you never find an answer on the question you have.....:-)
Do you know where I can find more information, or can you easily explain it to me?
I would be very grateful.
greetings!
SkiFreak

Posted: 08-Sep-2010 03:18   in response to: heimdallhuset in response to: heimdallhuset

Have a look at Integrate a Jalbum with your website or blog in the tutorials section and see if that helps you.
jimberry

Posted: 08-Sep-2010 03:33   in response to: heimdallhuset in response to: heimdallhuset

heimdallhuset wrote:
I tried to find it on the Wordpress-forum, but like many other forums you never find an answer on the question you have.....:-)
Do you know where I can find more information, or can you easily explain it to me?
Are you using the Wordpress hosted blog or do you host it on your own site?
There are more options available if you use your own site (what is your URL?).
For both you might be wise to purchase one of the third-party WordPress text books -
http://wordpress.org/about/books/

Also, see these threads with advice to other WordPress bloggers -
http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=214003&#214003
http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=224146&#224146

and you may find more advice by searching the forums with "WordPress" as keyword (don't forget to change the Date Range to "All")

Edited by: jimberry on 08-Sep-2010 11:40
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums