Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » Digital Photo Librarian

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0 - Pages: 1 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Wish list for the next version.
Posted: 16-Apr-2010 09:42

Click to reply to this thread Reply
This is an excellent skin for displaying slide shows on a large monitor or TV screen.

To make it even better, I propose the following enhancements for the next version:

1. Provide a special display method for panorama photo’s. I use now for albums with a lot of panorama photos the ‘Improved Slide Show 3’ together with my own (Dutch) program WijzigFotoData (Change Photo Data), which allows you to scroll automatically through a panorama photo by clicking on a link above the “normal” display. For an example click here. I think you can do this better with this DPL skin. If I select the ‘Photos To Movie’ view it would be nice if for panorama photos the movie goes from the left to right and the original height and width of the JPEG file should be used. I add in that case after the generation of the album the panorama photo’s in the size I like, for instance 800x8000 The program should recognize a panorama photo as a picture with a width/height > 2 and a width > screen width.

2. Implement next to the existing Google map links for the location a diplay of the location in Google Earth via a klm or kmz file for each photo with location info.

3. Allow the user to build his own menu via fields on the general settings Tab. Add there a field “menu name” and at least 4 rows of fields for the 4 links: “Sub-menu link text”, “URL” and “New window (Yes/no)”

4. Allow the user to enter somewhere a longer and larger text for a description or intro as is now possible with the trailing footer. You could copy for this the text of the Album description field that exist in each skin. May be you should add for this a special menu “Description” if the Album description field contains text.

5. If you click on a photo in a slide show, the next photo should immediately be displayed.

6. It would be nice if you offer also the possibility to see the picture without a flash player, for systems that do not support the flash player. You could do this by combining your skin with the Improved slide show 3. Both skins use in that case the same jpg files. I do that now by hand, see http://andrewolff.nl/FotoSerie/Zaltbommel/index.html
To start a slide show without a flasplayer, click on a thumbnail. To start a slide show with DPL 3 select the last menu item.

Thank you for this nice skin!

André Wolff
www.andrewolff.nl

Edited by: AndreWolff on 14-Jun-2010 18:52
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums