This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: 19-Jun-2015 04:06 Last Post By: ctwist Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Lux78

Error: java.lang. NullPointerException
Posted: 20-Sep-2009 18:59

Click to reply to this thread Reply
When I create a tunnel, leaving this error:

Exception caused by line 1: java.lang.NullPointerException

Details:
Sourced file: inline evaluation of: `` slideModel.getThumbLinksColumnWidth(); ;'' : Method Invocation slideModel.getThumbLinksColumnWidth

Stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
at BPPFilterProperties.applyDynamicAttributes(BPPFilterProperties.java:125)
at BPPFilterGroup.prepareFilter(BPPFilterGroup.java:83)
at BPPFilterGroup.getModifiedSize(BPPFilterGroup.java:151)
at BPPFrameHandler.getModifiedSize(BPPFrameHandler.java:328)
at Slide.getThumbLinksColumnWidth(Slide.java:178)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor39.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Reflect.invokeObjectMethod(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Name.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at bsh.BSHMethodInvocation.eval(Unknown Source)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
at bsh.BSHPrimaryExpression.eval(Unknown Source)
at bsh.Interpreter.eval(Unknown Source)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.doProcessExpression(AlbumBean.java:1547)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.eval(AlbumBean.java:4301)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleScriptlet(AlbumBean.java:4247)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3794)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleIfElse(AlbumBean.java:4022)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3784)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleIfElse(AlbumBean.java:4015)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3784)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleIfElse(AlbumBean.java:4022)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleIfElse(AlbumBean.java:4025)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleInclude(AlbumBean.java:4126)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3790)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleInclude(AlbumBean.java:4126)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3790)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleScriptlet(AlbumBean.java:4254)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3794)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleIfElse(AlbumBean.java:4015)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleExpressionLanguage(AlbumBean.java:4228)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3796)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleScriptlet(AlbumBean.java:4254)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.handleInclude(AlbumBean.java:4078)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$TemplateParser.parseElements(AlbumBean.java:3761)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeSlide(AlbumBean.java:2439)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.makeThumbs(AlbumBean.java:2267)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean.access$000(AlbumBean.java:114)
at se.datadosen.jalbum.AlbumBean$ImageProcessingThread.run(AlbumBean.java:3648)

Lux78

Re: Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
Posted: 21-Sep-2009 18:51   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Attachment photo.jap (9,7 KB)
I am attaching the file. Please do your own tests.
What is the problem?
PhotoGuy

Posted: 23-Sep-2009 07:09   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

I guess the problem is with one of the photo frames you're using. "Frames" are specified in plain text files..

Would you please go to "<JALBUM_HOME>/skins/BluPlusPlus/frames" directory (where <JALBUM_HOME> is the location you've installed Jalbum) and send me "bracket_horizontal.xbp" and "bracket.xbp" files in that directory?

In next version of BPP I should check for such errors in frame files if that's the problem.

Regards,
PhotoGuy

Posted: 23-Sep-2009 07:23   in response to: PhotoGuy in response to: PhotoGuy

While you're sharing my requested files, would you please clean your album output directory and regenerate your album to see if it helps?

Thanks,
Lux78

Posted: 23-Sep-2009 21:25   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Attachment photo.jap (9,7 KB)
Attachment bracket.xbp (392 bytes)
Attachment bracket_horizontal.xbp (407 bytes)
You attach files.

You do not have this problem, in your computer?

I installed Jalbum and BluPlusPlus in a new computer and there is always a Java error.

Edited by: Lux78 on 23-Sep-2009 21:27
PhotoGuy

Posted: 24-Sep-2009 16:06   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

I couldn't find anything wrong with your frames, and really can't understand why such NullPointerException should happen after all! But anyways I've added more checkings to my code to prevent that NPE you're getting...

Go to "<JALBUM_HOME>/skins/BluPlusPlus/plugins" and replace "BPPFilterProperties.class" and "BPPFilterProperties.java" files with the ones I've attached to this post. Let me know if it works fine this time.

Cheers,
Lux78

Re: Error: java.lang. NullPointerException
Posted: 24-Sep-2009 22:01   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Attachment gallery.jpg (136,2 KB)
Works. There is no error.
Entirely correct.

But it changed the layout. Lacks the white band.
see attached photo

Edited by: Lux78 on 24-Sep-2009 22:04
PhotoGuy

Posted: 26-Sep-2009 08:27   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Okay. Thanks.

I've attached new versions of those two files. Please replace them again, regenerate your album, check Jalbum system logs this time (from "Tools" menu just choose "System Console" item) and copy them here...

Regards,
Lux78

Posted: 26-Sep-2009 19:08   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Attachment error.txt (5,4 KB)
Excuse me Armand,
today come back the same mistake.
I'm the only one that i have this mistake?
I allege you a file tha's all!

that's all,sorry

Edited by: Lux78 on 26-Sep-2009 19:09
PhotoGuy

Posted: 26-Sep-2009 19:18   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

The error message, you've attached, shows that you still have the original "BPPFilterProperties.class" and "BPPFilterProperties.java" files in "<JALBUM_HOME>/skins/BluPlusPlus/plugins"...

Please copy those attached files in my previous post to the directory I mentioned above and regenerate your album.
Lux78

Posted: 27-Sep-2009 10:28   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

I replaced the files BPPFilterProperties.java and BPPFilterProperties.class in this directory:
C:\Programmi\Jalbum\skins\BluPlusPlus\plugins

Not working
Can you tell me what should I copy to "Tools - System Console"?

Edited by: Lux78 on 27-Sep-2009 10:31
jGromit

Posted: 27-Sep-2009 13:21   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

He wants you to open the System Console (choose Tools, System Console), then copy the error message you see there, and paste it here.
Lux78

Posted: 27-Sep-2009 23:43   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Attachment error.txt (44,3 KB)
I'm enclosing the error that gave me the console
PhotoGuy

Posted: 28-Sep-2009 11:05   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Okay. Thanks.

But are you sure you have one version of Jalbum and BPP installed on your computer? Because I couldn't find what I expected to see in the logs. I'm a bit confused! Something is missing here!

For further clarity, I'm reattaching the files which you should replace your local version with to this post again! Please make sure you're having a single version of Jalbum/BPP on your system. Place the attached files in the directory I've already mentioned in my previous post (while Jalbum is NOT running), run Jalbum and regenerate your album (clean your album output directory to make sure everything is regenerated). Then open the System Console and copy the logs here...

Note: As the result, you still DO NOT get the frames correctly generated (like the screenshot you'd posted here in of one your posts to this thread). I'm still trying to find out what's going on with your case and the attached files are just for providing me some logs to help me find a solution.

Also please let me know the exact version of Ja and BPP you're using.

Edited by: PhotoGuy on 28-Sep-2009 12:36
Lux78

Posted: 29-Sep-2009 15:06   in response to: Lux78 in response to: Lux78

Attachment error2.txt (28,4 KB)
Attachment error.txt (34,0 KB)
Hello,
I followed your steps.
I'm enclosing two files and a photo gallery of the procedure that I performed.
Link:http://www.paesaggioitaliano.eu/zjalb/index.html

Edited by: Lux78 on 29-Sep-2009 15:07
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums