This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Jan-2009 23:01 Last Post By: TomCee Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
TomCee

plugin: HexColorChooser
Posted: 31-Jan-2009 21:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

this plugin gives you a color selector with the hex code displayed. You can copy the hex code to the systems clipboard, or get a hex code from the clipboard to display it's color and rgb values. Copy the plugin to the jalbum program directory, subfolder ext and (re)start jalbum.
Latest versions of jalbum (java only) and Java required.

regards,
Tom
davidekholm

Re: plugin: HexColorChooser
Posted: 31-Jan-2009 22:21   in response to: TomCee in response to: TomCee

Cool, but I can't seem to get it started. I get no error message either :-(

(Using Java 1.6.0_07 om Mac)
TomCee

Posted: 31-Jan-2009 22:30   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

this one is with the swing layout library, better??

regards,
Tom
davidekholm

Posted: 31-Jan-2009 22:50   in response to: TomCee in response to: TomCee

Yes, Now it shows. Weird, as I'm using Java 1.6.
However, when importing a color from the clipboard that contains a hex letter, for instance #5511AA and not #551144 for instance, I get the following exception in the system console:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "#5"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:447)
at nl.tomcee.hexcolorchooser.HexColorChooserPlugin.getclipboardBtnActionPerformed(HexColorChooserPlugin.java:134)
at nl.tomcee.hexcolorchooser.HexColorChooserPlugin.access$100(HexColorChooserPlugin.java:22)
at nl.tomcee.hexcolorchooser.HexColorChooserPlugin$2.actionPerformed(HexColorChooserPlugin.java:68)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2028)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
davidekholm

Posted: 31-Jan-2009 22:53   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I think you might find my utility class here helpful:
http://jalbum.net/api/se/datadosen/util/Colors.html

It has been around for ages and understands classic html color names too, and not just the # notation.
TomCee

Posted: 31-Jan-2009 23:01   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Attachment system.txt (6.9 KB)
I copied #5511AA right from your post and pasted it in the color selector (with the paste button), everything works fine !!!!! I realy can't think why everything ( also the plugin without swing layout) works fine here, and not with you.............
I've attached my system setup, nothing special there, maybe you see something?

regards,
Tom

Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums