This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 10 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-Jan-2010 06:34 Last Post By: bcam360 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
bassoprofondo

Wordpress Plugin - "JAlbum-for-Wordpress"
Posted: 24-Jan-2009 05:32

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,

(it's not me, it's google-translate :-)

My question and request for you: The JAlbum plugin for Wordpress is no longer developed. It looks for a new author.

"As the plugin is open source, you are more than welcome to take over ..."www.xn--schler-dya.net/blog/2008/12/17/jalbum-plugin-for-wordpress-is-hereby-no-longer-updated /.

Hompage plugin for wordpress: www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins/JAlbum-for-wordpress /

It would be really great if someone developing this plugin would take over.

Please leave a message here if you do this. This prevents - if more people doing this, and so possibly wasting your strength.

Thank you
davidekholm

Re: Wordpress Plugin - "JAlbum-for-Wordpress"
Posted: 24-Jan-2009 10:00   in response to: bassoprofondo in response to: bassoprofondo

I've moved you post to "Supporting applications" as I think it is a better fit for your post. Let's hope this plugin gets a new daddy.
bassoprofondo

Posted: 25-Jan-2009 05:20   in response to: bassoprofondo in response to: bassoprofondo

Thanks for moving. I hope it's helpful to get a new daddy for this useful Plugin.

Unfortunately, I can not even make it. Maybe someone writes a tutorial how JAlbum in Wordpress works?
As a solution, until the jalbum-plugin-for-wordpress has a new daddy?

(Sorry I didn't see this forum category before.)
jimberry

Posted: 25-Jan-2009 06:34   in response to: bassoprofondo in response to: bassoprofondo

Does Wordpress support creating a page with an "iframe" into which you can load your Jalbum gallery?
=============================
A possible alternative is described in this article.
I have not tested this, but if it allows you to embed the HTML code for this "iframe" element, then you are home and hosed.
 <iframe src="album/index.html" width="512" height="370" frameborder="0">  Please use a browser that supports iframes </iframe> 
Set the src to the relative address of your Jalbum, and set the width and height to the space available in the Wordpress page.

Here is the code for an "object" element, which works pretty much the same way.
 <object data="album/index.html" width="100%" height="370" id="gallery" name="gallery" class="object1">  Your browser could not include this object </object> 

Edited by: jimberry on 25-Jan-2009 16:56
derIch

Posted: 04-Feb-2009 19:14   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

carl

Posted: 26-Feb-2009 00:30   in response to: derIch in response to: derIch

That's awesome! Is that a wordpress theme?
jimberry

Posted: 24-May-2009 07:31   in response to: carl in response to: carl

Here are a couple more solutions (again, I have not tested them, so caveat emptor)

IFrame Widget 2.0
Embed Iframe 1.0

You can download them at softpedia

I believe these are not usable if you are using the free hosted version from wordpress.com (i.e. username.wordpress.com), only on the self-installed version (wordpress.org)

And, not quite the same, but have you looked at using the Jalbum WordPress plugin which lets you put thumbnail links to your albums in your WordPress sidebar?

Edited by: jimberry on 24-May-2009 16:00
angeltek

Posted: 25-Nov-2009 23:44   in response to: jimberry in response to: jimberry

Yes, this worked for me, too. The <object> tag worked great!

One important thing to remember is that your containing div needs to be large enough to contain the gallery, otherwise, it won't show.
bcam360

Posted: 11-Jan-2010 23:44   in response to: bassoprofondo in response to: bassoprofondo

I am also concerned about Wordpress, because I'm still new to creating websites, and I plan to start out by using their service. It seems to be the fast and easy way. I have not attempted website design sign my Dreamweaver college college course and would rather not try to relearn what I have forgotten. I have this link:

http://msafi.com/software-reviews/
Software Guides and Reviews

I plan to use the info there to make the website. I know that they have their own various types of plugins and software, so I am wondering will the Jalbum software ever work for a site created there.
kristoffer

Posted: 12-Jan-2010 10:04   in response to: bcam360 in response to: bcam360

There are two ways to use Wordpress, the wordpress.com way and the wordpress.org way.

Wordpress.com is a free Wordpress blog service. It's free but has limitations.

Wordpress.org lets you download the Wordpress blog application to install on your own web host. It is also free, but requires that you have a web host (which costs money).

Jalbum is similar to Wordpress in that regard, you can either choose to upload the photo albums that you create to your free jalbum.net account or you can choose to upload them to your own web host. Jalbum produces stand alone web pages that can be linked to from your Wordpress blog (no matter which of the two ways you go for).

Since wordpress.com is limited and will not allow you to upload web pages (and thereby will not allow you to upload Jalbum albums) you need to upload your albums elsewhere (to your jalbum.net account for instance). As I said you can still link your blog to your Jalbum albums.
bcam360

Posted: 13-Jan-2010 06:34   in response to: kristoffer in response to: kristoffer

Thanks for the info...
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums