This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Jan-2009 22:05 Last Post By: kk6t
catz

PositionMap: Help with this one please!
Posted: 18-Dec-2008 17:39

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I added this skin to the Jalbum software by dragging and dropping the skin (I hope I added it correctly) but when I added some pictures and clicked on the make album button it gave me this as a message: What do I do now to be able to use this skin?

Thanks,

Melissa

The image format of the map is either not supported or the map was not found! A map file named "_map.jpg" should be in the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Ash.YOUR-PA86Z1I3G7\My Documents\My Albums\My Pictures

You have 3 solutions:
Use the no-map template for the whole album by selecting the no-map template in the JAlbum/PositionMap GUI, or
Use the no-map template only for pages which don't have a map inside by selecting 'smart no-map' in the JAlbum/PositionMap GUI, or
Put in the above mentioned folder a file "index.properties" indicating that you want to use a template which doesn't need a map (see online help for more details please)
Thereafter recreate the photo album please.

Edited by: catz on 18-Dec-2008 17:39

kaya

PositionMap: Re: Help with this one please!
Posted: 15-Jan-2009 10:51   in response to: catz in response to: catz

As the message states out, PositionMap is missing a map file "_map.jpg". So either you add it where it's missing or you choose another PositionMap template (google-maps or no-map for example).
kk6t

PositionMap: Re: Help with this one please!
Posted: 15-Jan-2009 22:05   in response to: catz in response to: catz

This skin has a pretty steep learning curve at first. I recommend you read the documentation here very thoroughly before trying to make an album. First of all you need to decide which type of map you want to use....you have several options including static maps which are stored as _map.jpg and Google Maps. Then each of your pictures need to either have latitude/longitude stored in the EXIF data or you need to position each of the pictures on the map using JCapPM.

The documentation can be daunting but stick with it and pretty soon you'll be able to generate your album.

Terry
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums