Home » jAlbum forums » Skins, Plugins, and Tools » Boxer

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-Sep-2008 00:50 Last Post By: alan927 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
NO-Remorse

Titlebar with Buttons (Navigation) - topinfo.txt
Posted: 10-Sep-2008 17:59

Click to reply to this thread Reply
If I make an html with 2 Frames, top and a main one...
When I set the Album index.html in the main frame, that does work.
What I don't like, is that the pictures only expand within that (main)frame, and not over the title-frame too.
I need a titlebar, and I want the pix to expand over the whole broserwindow. ARGH ;)))

I tried it with the Search-Field from the Boxer skin... It kinda works with an iframe in it, but it really doesn't look good at all.
That only looks okay for the Referal Ads and Analytics at the bottom...

I guess my only chance is to mess around with the "topindex.txt", right?
Does anyone have one to let me see, so I can figure out?

Ohhh yeah... Where must I place the "topinfo.txt" file so that it's auto-included in all htm's created?
(I placed it in the "albums" directory, but then it's only implanted in the Albums index, and not in all...)

Hope someone can helb a Nub! ;)
NO-Remorse

Re: Titlebar with Buttons (Navigation) - topinfo.txt
Posted: 10-Sep-2008 19:18   in response to: NO-Remorse in response to: NO-Remorse

Seems I got it now... Never stop trying around! LOL

I messed arround a bit more, and now I included the iframe to the index.htt...
(had the wrong direktory on the first try)

Not done yet, but it looks good now!

@alan: It would be great, if you can include a Skyscraper-Ad on the left side too with the next version. :)

Edited by: NO-Remorse on 10-Sep-2008 19:19
alan927

Posted: 11-Sep-2008 04:54   in response to: NO-Remorse in response to: NO-Remorse

I'm glad you got it working! How about posting a link so we can see what you've done with Boxer?

I was beginning to think I was the only one who actually used the advertising functions of Boxer. I'll think about adding a left-side skyscraper. Right now I'm fighting bugs with Highslide 4.0.x. ;)
NO-Remorse

Posted: 11-Sep-2008 12:40   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

Hey Alan,

I don't have it on the web yet, but as soon as it's in the web I'll let you know...

Got a problem at the moment....
The header doesn't work correctly. The iframe set in there looks good, but the Menu (fore Mainpage, Guest book and so) doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click...
In the footer there is a comment with special thnx to you (linked to your site), and to jalbum (linked to the page here). Those are working.
The footer is a simple Hyperlink and it opens a new browser window. I guess it's either the stay in window or the Rollover-Menue causing the problem. (I'm rather sure that it's the frame/window option.) Needs further "try and error" here... I'll keep you up to date on that...
SNIFF
NO-Remorse

Posted: 11-Sep-2008 13:19   in response to: NO-Remorse in response to: NO-Remorse

Sh... I had a smal little hope... it only works if the hyperlink opens a new browser. I was rather sure, but hoping and checking to be really sure...
I'll keep the footer because that's okay that way, but the header just died for me. I'll have to make Frames.

I know you have lots of work allready, and other problems to take care of...
If you could manage some how (future version), that the photo expands over the wohle browser and not just inside it's onw frame, that would be awsome. ;)

2 more things (FYI)
Setting a text-Hover color in the .css doesn't work (A:hover { color: #FFFFFF;). Not very important to me, but maybe you don't know that yet.
When I use the Watermark funktion from your Skin nothing happens... I don't see anything on the pictures. I don't think that it's a bug, so I must be missing something?
alan927

Posted: 12-Sep-2008 02:13   in response to: NO-Remorse in response to: NO-Remorse

NO-Remorse wrote:
If you could manage some how (future version), that the photo expands over the wohle browser and not just inside it's onw frame, that would be awsome. ;)
As I'm sure you know, Boxer uses the Highslide JS script by Torstein H√łnsi. He has a way of doing this but I haven't tried it and it looks like it would be difficult to integrate into a skin since everyone's implementation would be different.
2 more things (FYI)
Setting a text-Hover color in the .css doesn't work (A:hover { color: #FFFFFF;). Not very important to me, but maybe you don't know that yet.
I'll look into it; the next version will have revamped .css files so I may have already fixed it. ;)
When I use the Watermark funktion from your Skin nothing happens... I don't see anything on the pictures. I don't think that it's a bug, so I must be missing something?
When you click Make Album, you must select the "All" option (instead of "Changes") so that the images get rebuilt with the watermark.
NO-Remorse

Posted: 23-Sep-2008 21:31   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

Hi Alan,

I'm satisfyed the way I have it now, great thing! ;)

Just one problem for me:
I guess I missed a setting or so... But maybe a little bug I don't like...
On the top page of the Album the index/back-button sends ya back to index.html, and not to home.html like I defined it in Jalbum. What could it be?
That's quite important to me, because the Index is a small slideschow, and I don't want visitors to be sent back to that page...

My HP isn't done yet (Forum, Voting of presentations and in the album just a few pics for testing...), but you can have a look at it already if you like: www.guck-ma-foto.de (the site is in German ony though.) Notice the special thnx at the bottom of the pages! ;)))

CU Robert
alan927

Posted: 24-Sep-2008 00:47   in response to: NO-Remorse in response to: NO-Remorse

The Up arrow link location can come from a couple places:
  • Settings > Advanced > Naming - this is the correct place to specify it
  • Settings > Advanced > User Variables - then look for a variable called "parentIndexPage" probably with a value of "../index.html". If you find it there, delete it! Other skins (mostly of the 5-year-old variety) used this during the days of Jalbum 3 and 4, but it's not needed anymore and just messes things up.
  • Settings > Boxer > General - in the External Home Page box - you've probably already checked that
If that doesn't help, please give more info.

BTW, I tried your URL but all I saw was PhotoStack?
alan927

Posted: 24-Sep-2008 00:50   in response to: alan927 in response to: alan927

OK, found the enter button. Nice design!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums