This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Jul-2020 04:54 Last Post By: Laza
MKaprielian

Old Android OS and More images broken, less images works ok
Posted: 02-Jul-2020 21:48

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

I have a TEST album structured similar but less images and photos as a FULLY populated album

The TEST album works OK on Web, Tablet and phone
Note:
  • My Tablet is android 9.5
  • My phone stopped updating a long time ago and is at 6.0.1

The FULLY populated album does NOT work on my phone
  • I see the folder names with no image circles to click on
  • If I click on the folder name it populates a google search
Note: My test album does work correctly

My friend has an up to date Android phone and the fully populated Album works fine

From my testing then it seems there is a problem only on older Android OS AND only if there are many more images and more folders.

Here is a link to my full album:
http://metrowestchess.org/Community/Pictures/Around_The_Club/index.html

Here is a link to my test album:
http://www.metrowestchess.org/Website/Test/Photos/index.html

I've got no idea how many of my viewers have an old OS as I do. I'm hoping that maybe there's some odd quirk in the way lots of images or folder are handled that could be corrected.

To summarize: On an older Android phone with an album that has many more images than a test album, the skin does not work but if less images and folders, the skin does work.

Mark

Edited by: MKaprielian on 02-Jul-2020 21:49

Edited by: MKaprielian on 02-Jul-2020 21:49

JeffTucker

Re: Old Android OS and More images broken, less images works ok
Posted: 02-Jul-2020 23:14   in response to: MKaprielian in response to: MKaprielian

OK on my Android phone (Android 8.0.0), too, but with the known thumbstrip problem in Chrome.

But I suspect this has nothing to do with the version of Android, and everything to do with the version of the browser you're using on your Android device. You might want to do a reinstall of your browser of choice, just to make sure you have the latest. Current versions are Chrome 83 and Firefox 68.10.
Laza

Re: Old Android OS and More images broken, less images works ok
Posted: 03-Jul-2020 06:48   in response to: MKaprielian in response to: MKaprielian

Projector is a new skin and supports modern browsers with 3D transforms. This simply cannot be done on old browsers, so I didn't bother with backwards compatibility.

As a general rule of thumb never put more than 500 images in a single folder. Some skins tolerate this better, but skins with such complicated transitions consume more memory. And older browsers are not optimized for memory reallocation like modern browsers do.

What I also see the folder tree is too high so it pushes the play button out of screen. I will fix this in the next release, but you can choose "Only button" in "Settings / Projector / Sidebar / Navigation / Folder tree visibility", which solves this problem.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums