This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Jun-2020 17:16 Last Post By: JeffTucker
MKaprielian

How to select, adjust or turn off the region below the Header
Posted: 24-Jun-2020 23:11

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi

It seems that on the Cover page the first image from the first sub-folder is selected to be display but it cannot be turned off or region selected.

Please help me understand how to control what appears under the Logo.

See attached image.

Mark
JeffTucker

Re: How to select, adjust or turn off the region below the Header
Posted: 24-Jun-2020 23:33   in response to: MKaprielian in response to: MKaprielian

Complicated subject....

You can use the Theme image mask on the lower right to select the region of the image to use. However, that theme image is used in such a way on the finished page that how much of it you see depends on the size of the viewport. Rather than try to describe it, just make your browser window narrower and wider, and you'll see the effect.

Choosing the Turntable view under Projector > Cover page > Title > Type might be a better choice.

The skin doesn't provide a direct way to get rid of the image entirely, and tinkering with the CSS tends to produce some nasty layout problems (like a big blank space where the theme image should be - not really what you want). I'll post back if I get lucky.
JeffTucker

Posted: 24-Jun-2020 23:45   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

If you head for Projector > Site > Custom code > CSS and enter this, it will get rid of the theme image at the top level (the first line) and at the folder level (the second line).
#main > .cont .hero .window.hasfolders .album-title.fullwidth .folder-image {height: 0;}
#main > .cont .hero .window .album-title .folder-image {height: 0;}
I'm not sure whether that's better or worse. I think I would be more inclined to find a theme image that works better, then use it everywhere - add it to a folder, exclude it, and drag it to the Theme image box on the right.
MKaprielian

Posted: 24-Jun-2020 23:58   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hi

I didn't know what the 2nd image was called till your 2nd reply.

I'm happy with the theme image. It's the image below it that I'd like to be able to
  • Have it gone completely
OR
  • Be able to choose an image and select the region (if it's going to not use all of it.)

Is there a way to trick things which you suggested doing something like putting my desired image in the first folder then not displaying it as part of the folder?

I'm not very familiar with terminology. I've been using just one skin for many years so I'm not used to all the terms and different options presented in different skins.

Mark

Edited by: jGromit on 24-Jun-2020 18:10, to fix forum formatting
JeffTucker

Posted: 25-Jun-2020 00:07   in response to: MKaprielian in response to: MKaprielian

MKaprielian wrote:
I'm happy with the theme image. It's the image below it that I'd like to be able to... Have it gone completely

That is the Theme image. What's above that is the logo you have added. The code I have posted should make it disappear, while leaving your logo image alone. Try it.

Is there a way to trick things which you suggested doing something like putting my desired image in the first folder then not displaying it as part of the folder?

Yes, and this is a standard trick in jAlbum, used a lot. Say there's an image you want to use as the theme image, but you don't want it to actually appear in the album anywhere else. So, no slide image for it, it's not in any thumbnail layout, etc.

• Add the image to the project (at the top level, for example).
  • Exclude the image - don't delete it, just choose it and click the Exclude icon at the top (looks like a "do not enter" traffic sign).
  • Now drag that image to the Theme image box on the lower right.

You can do the same thing inside each folder, too.

ETA: You can, of course, crop that image outside of jAlbum before you add it to the project. But since it's going to be displayed across almost the entire width of the browser, make sure it's a large image. Otherwise it will get blurry. So, at least 1500px wide and 500px tall.
MKaprielian

Posted: 25-Jun-2020 01:02   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hi

I tried the code with the leading # sign removed (I assumed it was a comment character) and with it present as copied out of your response.

In both cases it displays as text on the page above and and to the left of the Logo.

How do I apply the code correctly?

See screen shot attached

Mark
JeffTucker

Posted: 25-Jun-2020 01:14   in response to: MKaprielian in response to: MKaprielian

First, the # signs are not comments - those are standard CSS identifiers.

Second, add them to the CSS tab, not to the <HEAD> tab.
MKaprielian

Posted: 25-Jun-2020 17:00   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Hi

I applied the code to the correct place, with the #s but I see no change in the results. I've gotten use to it as it makes the landing page have the same look as when you click into a sub-folder so it's not so much of an issue to me now.

Thank you for your help on this topic and my other thread.

Mark
JeffTucker

Posted: 25-Jun-2020 17:16   in response to: MKaprielian in response to: MKaprielian

Attachment withCode.png (500,9 KB)
Attachment withoutCode.png (1,3 MB)
If you've used the code correctly, you should see a large change in the output. See the two screenshots. Remember to refresh your browser cache when viewing the changed album.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums