This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-Apr-2020 09:41 Last Post By: Nordschleife Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Nordschleife

Filtering metadata does not show all the defined values as filter criteria
Posted: 07-Apr-2020 20:19

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello,
I am just playing around with the new possibility of filtering metadata.
You can see the configured filter settings in the attached screen shot and the jalbum settings file.

In some directories the focal length 35mm is shown:
Web page: https://www.fodoh.info/media/Makro-Fotografie/index.html
Picture: https://www.fodoh.info/media/Makro-Fotografie/index.html#img=P1300186.JPG

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

My environment:
  • jAlbum 19.3
  • Tiger 2.13.6
  • Operating System: OpenSUSE tumbleweed - Linux bond 5.6.0-1-default #1 SMP Mon Mar 30 08:00:44 UTC 2020 (4de1111) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
  • Browser: Firefox 74.0.1 and Chromium Version 80.0.3987.149 (openSUSE Build) (64-Bit)
Nordschleife

Re: Filtering metadata does not show all the defined values as filter criteria
Posted: 07-Apr-2020 20:26   in response to: Nordschleife in response to: Nordschleife

I found an error I made in the configuration regarding ISO filter configuration. But still ISO does not show up.
I copied the variable names from this page:
https://jalbum.net/blog/entry/meet-the-new-rating-widget-and-play-with-photo-data

In the appendix the updated jalbum settings file.
Laza

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 08:56   in response to: Nordschleife in response to: Nordschleife

I don't know what's your goal. The filtering works only on the current set of images, not on the whole album. And you have only 5 pictures in that folder, and all have 35mm focal length.
Laza

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 08:56   in response to: Nordschleife in response to: Nordschleife

Can you please give a link I can check? Perhaps the same problem: the missing photo data in the source images.
Nordschleife

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 10:23   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I know that filtering works only for the images in the respective folder.

In the link listed above (whch you visited) with the five pictures, there is no focal length 35 listed, see attachment.

All the 5 pictures have an entry for focal length 35 (Brennweite in german). As an example I've included a sreenshot of one of the five pictures as an attachment.

The 5 pictures contain also ISO equivalent.

My assumption is, that focal length 35 filtering and ISO equivlaent should be shown is such a case.

Thank you for your support.
Laza

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 11:14   in response to: Nordschleife in response to: Nordschleife

I see some manual editing in the HTML files. Can you please test if you generate the album now, and test the local preview do you see the same problem?
The editing I see is completely pointless and using the FONT element is deprecated in modern HTML.
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">cover</font></font>
Nordschleife

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 12:08   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

The only modification of html i do is:
cp -av index.html index.html.jalbum
grep -v googleapis index.html.jalbum > index.html

I do not add any content to the html files.

I just recreated the album. A screenshot of the local preview is attached. ISO appears now, I don't know why. Focal length 35 still does not appear.

Before I submitted the thread yesterday I tested without my modifications. I also now removed my finally.bsh, recreated the album and uploaded it. The situation is the same.
Laza

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 17:43   in response to: Nordschleife in response to: Nordschleife

Attachment fodoh.info.PNG (1.1 MB)
Still something crazy is happening on your server. Each and every text node is surrounded by the double FONT tag, which is unnecessary and against the standards.

I have created a new album with the exact setting you use and it work perfect, see attachment!

Can you please confirm, that the local album shows the same error? I bet it's your server messes up the page.
Nordschleife

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 19:12   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Attachment font.png (44.9 KB)
I confirm that the problem exists in the local preview as well (see also the screenshot im my post before).

The server where fodoh.info is hosted is from a professional web hoster called all-inkl.com.

I made a small copy like you and uploaded it to a raspberry pi hosted in my home with apache web server. Here the link and as you can see the problem exists there also:
https://doh.spdns.de/Test-fodoh.info/

I also tested with Java 1.8.211 instead of 1.8.241 - the result is the same.

Regarding the FONT element this is realy strange. When I search the index.html of the folder Makro-Fotografie on the web server only one time the word font or FONT is found, see attachment. I can't see these "font style" elements.
Nordschleife

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 19:23   in response to: Nordschleife in response to: Nordschleife

For the small test album I just removed the right click protection to enable you to download the five pictures.
Nordschleife

Posted: 08-Apr-2020 19:49   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I added to that small tes album a folder "other pictures" and put in there five pictures from a camera of a smartphone. There is no ISO and no aperture (Blende), but the pictures have those values. Because I've deactivated the right click protection you can check the pictures yourself.
Laza

Posted: 09-Apr-2020 09:26   in response to: Nordschleife in response to: Nordschleife

Thanks! I see now what has happened.

The FONT tag is inserted by Chrome's auto translate plugin. Really odd that Google makes such a silly coding.

The range slider is not displayed, because all values are the same (focalLength35mm = 90mm), which would result in an unusable range slider. The same goes for the isoEquivalent.

Do you think there's a valid point in displaying these values in a filtering box if it could not be used. Perhaps...
Nordschleife

Posted: 09-Apr-2020 09:41   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I can confirm your statement. When I selected the pictures of the tag "Spiegelung" I see all sliders:

https://fodoh.info/media/Fotowalk/Museen/Mercedes-Benz%20Museum/index.html#label=Spiegelung

Then I saw an interesting effect. When I selected the tag "Spiegelung" from the home folder, no filter is shown:

https://fodoh.info/media/#label=Spiegelung

May be this is because my home folder contains only folders but no pictures. If this is true, could this be changed? Otherwise I could solve this be putting some pictures there.

Regarding the unusable sliders which are not displayed. At least this confused me. May be you could display just this one value instead of a slider. This would be consistent e.g. to the maker and the camera model where the value is shown even if there is only one.

Thank you again for your great support and the excellent skins.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums