This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 04-Jan-2020 00:57 Last Post By: BJWH
BJWH

Re: Colors appear too strong
Posted: 03-Jan-2020 12:02   in response to: BJWH in response to: BJWH

Click to reply to this thread Reply
this probably explains the problem of why the photos are displayed incorrectly. It does not help if the photos are displayed in sRGB if color management is not supported
Laza

Posted: 03-Jan-2020 12:12   in response to: BJWH in response to: BJWH

I don't know what should be done. The photos destined for web use should be sRGB without any color management. If jAlbum did color management it would trick users into thinking the visitors will see managed colors too - but it's not the case.
BJWH

Posted: 03-Jan-2020 12:16   in response to: BJWH in response to: BJWH

However, as you can see from my example, the color is not displayed correctly without color management. It doesn't help me if the original color with Lightroom, Photoshop and Co. is red and then jAlbum shows orange, even though my photos have an sRGB color space.
Laza

Posted: 03-Jan-2020 12:58   in response to: BJWH in response to: BJWH

If it not displays correctly in jAlbum, it will not display correctly on the visitor's PC either. You have to feed jAlbum with images that already display properly e.g. in FireFox. (Chrome might be tricky.) If jAlbum wasn't an application producing images for other PC's it would be a legitimate expectation to manage custom color spaces.
BJWH

Posted: 04-Jan-2020 00:35   in response to: BJWH in response to: BJWH

I have now found a solution with jAlbum that I can live with. I have to edit the photo in jAlbum again. I have to set the blue gamma to 1.2 - 1.25. So I get roughly the same result, which Lightroom and the old "Windows Photo Viewer" shows me.
Depending on the photo, you have to adjust the blue gamma value differently, but this must always be corrected in the Plus area. Sometimes the saturation needs to be reduced a bit, but not for all photos.

here is an example that I uploaded to jAlbum. Once without subsequent processing and once with the adjustment in jAlbum of saturation and Gamme blue value:

http://www.bahnfotografie-jwh.de/Screenshots/index.html

admittedly, you have to take a closer look when you look at both photos in succession…

Edited by: BJWH on 04-Jan-2020 00:57

Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums