This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 09-Dec-2019 04:58 Last Post By: quickniki
quickniki

Add custom album title and description in Tiger.
Posted: 09-Dec-2019 03:58

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi. I've been using jAlbum for many years, and used Turtle galleries for the past seven years. Now I'm switching to Tiger as it's a responsive skin.
After trying some sample galleries in Tiger (plus all the ones I did in Turtle) I noticed that, by default, the album name in the Hero is the name of the folder I use when I import the images.
I'd like to know if there's a way I can Title the gallery something else other than the name I'd use for the folder.
For example, I'd typically use this format for my folder name: 2019_vds. However, I'd prefer to have the full event name in the Hero, therefore, Victoria Day Speedfest.Further, I'd like to have the event date in the description, below the album title.
Can I do this, and if so, how?
Thank you!
Paolo
jGromit

Re: Add custom album title and description in Tiger.
Posted: 09-Dec-2019 04:08   in response to: quickniki in response to: quickniki
Correct
Easy.

For the top level of the album, go to Settings > General and enter the Album title and Album description you want.

For a folder below the top level, hover on the thumbnail for the folder and choose More... Edit. Then, in edit mode, enter the text you want for the title and the description (comment).

Tiger will, by default, use those instead of the raw folder name.
quickniki

Re: Add custom album title and description in Tiger.
Posted: 09-Dec-2019 04:58   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Hi jGromit,

Wow, that was so straightforward! I never previously looked at that General tab. But yes, the info you gave me is exactly what I needed! Now I'm able to name my folders one way and use more detailed titles for my galleries - prefect!

Thank you for the super-quick reply and exact info!

Paolo
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums