This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Oct-2019 12:01 Last Post By: CLOSED_USER
CLOSED_USER

Cropped thumbnails
Posted: 31-Oct-2019 07:47

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I wish there would be a setting to avoid automatic cropping of thumbnails. I'd like the pictures in the thumbnail strip to be shown with full dimensions.

Is it possible?

Thank you!
Laza

Re: Cropped thumbnails
Posted: 31-Oct-2019 08:46   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

Settings / Projector / Lightbox / Thumbnail strip / Fixed shape filter = OFF

Other than this the skin crops the extremes: horizontally the images wider than 3.33 : 1 and taller than 0.75 : 1 aspect ratio. This is necessary in order to get a wide enough thumbnail to be able to tap on mobiles, and also restricts the extreme panoramas, because they could occupy the full width of the thumbnail strip otherwise.

If you still sure you want to allow these fire up skin editor with Ctrl-Shift-E and comment out the following line (1016) in init.js:
// engine.addFilter(new ConstrainRatioFilter(0.75, 3.33333), JAFilter.THUMBNAILS_PRESCALE_STAGE);
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 31-Oct-2019 09:39   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I already had "Fixed shape filter = OFF", but since my pictures are Japanese calligraphy (some wide, some tall) the ratio exeeded your hard coded setting.

BUT: I replaced "0.75, 3.33333" with "0.1, 10" and it looks perfect now!

One more tiny little thing: How can I make the padding between the thumbs bigger? Just 1 oder 2 px bigger.

Thanks again!
Laza

Posted: 31-Oct-2019 11:09   in response to: CLOSED_USER in response to: CLOSED_USER

Add this CSS in Settings / Projector / Site / Custom code / CSS:
#main > .cont.thumbs-top .thumbnails .clip .thumb-cont .thumb, #main > .cont.thumbs-bottom .thumbnails .clip .thumb-cont .thumb { margin-right: 3px; }
CLOSED_USER

Posted: 31-Oct-2019 12:01   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

yesss, it all works :-)
thank you so much!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums