This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 22-Oct-2019 15:46 Last Post By: TBradleyPhotog Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
TBradleyPhotog

Enhancement Suggestion: Image rating and Filter
Posted: 27-Jun-2019 14:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I know when building a jAlbum I have the ability to rate images and then sort the list by rating (see attached image). In addition, however, we really need something similar for visitors to the web gallery to rate images.

For example, when you have hundreds of similar images in a gallery (such as a wedding, or a portrait session, or a product shoot) it's difficult for clients to make buying decisions. They can't remember which images they liked best and which they eliminated. A simple 1-5 star rating system would be extremely helpful. Their rating doesn't need to be reported to the photographer or shared with others. The purpose would be to simply help the client narrow down their selections.

They would need the ability to quickly rate the images on a 1-5 scale on both the thumbnail display and the lightbox display plus the ability to then filter the list based on rating to show only their "keepers". They could gradually rate the pictures until they narrowed it down to the best of the best for their final purchase.

I suspect this enhancement would be popular for anyone who sells images that are similar in appearance. Thank you for considering this suggestion. Photoblogger is AWESOME!!!

Tom
Laza

Re: Enhancement Suggestion: Image rating and Filter
Posted: 27-Jun-2019 16:26   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

Yes, this could have been implemented one day. I guess remembering the ratings for a few days would be useful.
TBradleyPhotog

Posted: 27-Jun-2019 16:33   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Yes, it would be somewhat similar to the checkbox already available for the feedback functionality but instead of a boolean checkbox the variable would hold a numeric rating that could be used for filtering.

Thanks for considering it.

T
TBradleyPhotog

Posted: 22-Jul-2019 16:30   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

Laza

I'm doing more product shoots with multiple images that are very similar. The ability for clients to rate and filter images would really help me out. Currently they can't narrow their selections so they struggle.

I'd buy you a beer if you could add this enhancement!!!

Thanks!

Tom
TBradleyPhotog

Posted: 16-Oct-2019 14:36   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

Any chance this enhancement is reaching the top of your list? The ability for clients to rate pictures in order to narrow their selection is important for those of us who shoot large numbers of similar images (portraits, products, etc).

Thanks! I appreciate your help.
Laza

Posted: 17-Oct-2019 08:31   in response to: TBradleyPhotog in response to: TBradleyPhotog

I see how important it is for you - and I promise this feature will be added ASAP -, but now we need to prioritize developments that bring us more users and revenue. (I'm now into releasing a new skin, and renewing the site.)
TBradleyPhotog

Posted: 22-Oct-2019 15:46   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks Laza, I appreciate it. I understand priorities and the importance of growing your site.

I'm a huge fan of jAlbum!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums