This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Sep-2019 19:56 Last Post By: AndreWolff
Barbzb

Adding a Video to Album
Posted: 30-Sep-2019 16:58

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
I'm attempting to do something I've never done before - add a video to a new album.
I've tried using the skins Fancy Box and Projector and in both skins adding a video gets bogged down. I suspect it may have to do with the size of the video which is a little over 1.7 gb. I have the latest version of Jalbum and the two skins.

The video is an mp4 format and is about 13 minutes long. It has background music in some areas and has some photos overlaid on portions of the video that are shaky.

My computer is a Mac and I'm using the most recent OS Mohave.

I am just about at the point of giving up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Barb
jGromit

Re: Adding a Video to Album
Posted: 30-Sep-2019 17:58   in response to: Barbzb in response to: Barbzb

What do you mean by "bogged down?" A video that large will take some time to process, but you should be seeing a progress indicator (X%).

I don't think I've ever fed it one quite that large, but close to it (I've got one that even after processing is still 130MB, which means that the original was several times that size).
AndreWolff

Posted: 30-Sep-2019 19:17   in response to: Barbzb in response to: Barbzb

Barbzb wrote:
Hi,
I'm attempting to do something I've never done before - add a video to a new album.
I've tried using the skins Fancy Box
If you send the mp4 file to me, see here for my email address, I can try it with my FancyBox skin, but I can test it only on a Windows 10 PC.
MarkusD

Posted: 30-Sep-2019 19:46   in response to: Barbzb in response to: Barbzb

Barbzb wrote:
I've tried using the skins Fancy Box and Projector and in both skins adding a video gets bogged down. I suspect it may have to do with the size of the video which is a little over 1.7 gb. I have the latest version of Jalbum and the two skins.
I do process regularly MP4-Videos (from my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000) with sizes up to 4 GB. I use the tiger skin, but I don't think that it matters which skin you are using, because as far as I know the whole processing is done by FFmpeg anyway. And yes, as jGromit said, you have to be patient.

a video gets bogged down
What does that mean? Do you get any error messages? Can you give as a screen shot of the situation?
MarkusD

Posted: 30-Sep-2019 19:49   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
Barbzb wrote:
Hi,
I've tried using the skins Fancy Box
If you send the mp4 file to me, see here for my email address ..
1.7 GB per mail? ;-) I sent mails with more than 50 MB in the past, with no problem, my mail provider allows mails up to 2 GB, but I would never try that. :-)
RobM

Posted: 30-Sep-2019 19:55   in response to: Barbzb in response to: Barbzb

If you want to check that there are no initial problems processing the video then trim the video to, say, 10% of its length, see video editing for how to trim video length. Once happy it is working reset the video start/stop postions and remake the album.
AndreWolff

Posted: 30-Sep-2019 19:56   in response to: MarkusD in response to: MarkusD

MarkusD wrote:
1.7 GB per mail? ;-)
It is no problem if you use a cloud service like Dropbox. You use email to send the link.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums