This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Jun-2019 16:54 Last Post By: AndreWolff
rfm2

Neptune thumbnail tool tip
Posted: 10-Jun-2019 23:19

Click to reply to this thread Reply
The ability to use thumbnail tool tips on non-fixed thumbnail sizes was dropped between version 14 and 16 (not sure if 15 had it). You've probably explained why that capability had to be dropped, but would you please explain it again? I like the thumbnail tool tip, but I also like the variable width thumbnails alerting the viewer to whether the full image will be portrait or landscape.
jGromit

Re: Neptune thumbnail tool tip
Posted: 10-Jun-2019 23:31   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

When you're using non-fixed thumbnails, the thumbnail caption never appears below the thumbnail - it always appears only upon mouseover. So, in effect, the caption and the tooltip are the same thing - text that appears when you hover your mouse on the thumbnail. No need for both!
rfm2

Posted: 11-Jun-2019 00:27   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Oops!! Somehow the template I used for my 2 most recent Neptune albums had the thumbnail image caption set to "neither", and since I had always set it to "Title" (and/or "Name") I didn't catch the change. Sorry for the false alarm (again). Thanks for the very quick reply to set me straight.
AndreWolff

Posted: 11-Jun-2019 11:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
When you're using non-fixed thumbnails, the thumbnail caption never appears below the thumbnail - it always appears only upon mouseover. So, in effect, the caption and the tooltip are the same thing - text that appears when you hover your mouse on the thumbnail. No need for both!
But on a mobile device like an iPad, there are no thumbnail captions visible at all as you can see in my Neptune test album, because there is no mouse hover event on a touch screen device.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums