This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 24-May-2019 14:03 Last Post By: JeffTucker
Katzodrom

Widgets in Fancy Box
Posted: 23-May-2019 09:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I guess I have done everything to get the widgets running in my album using the FancyBox skin. See here: https://www.hornbill.de/Reisebilder/index.html
The album is listed on my profile page, the widgets are activated in the software and in Fancybox, but nothing is to be seen. Does anyone see my mistake?
RobM

Re: Widgets in Fancy Box
Posted: 23-May-2019 11:46   in response to: Katzodrom in response to: Katzodrom

Where you signed in to the application when you made that album? See Wigets help page.

You can see if widgets have been enabled on your jAlbum profile/Albums page. Hover over the album’s thumbnail image and then click on the down pointing ‘v’, then select ‘Edit’. See this help page
Katzodrom

Posted: 23-May-2019 12:43   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Attachment Album001.JPG (83,2 KB)
Hi there, thanks for your reply!
Yes I was signed in while producing/publishing the album. It is found in the profile/albums page, but twice! Once hidden and once public.
JeffTucker

Posted: 23-May-2019 12:59   in response to: Katzodrom in response to: Katzodrom
Helpful
This is a skin bug. The FancyBox skin indicates that it supports jAlbum widgets, but the skin lacks the proper setting to invoke them. You can fix this yourself, but the skin developer needs to address this.

Launch jAlbum and choose the FancyBox skin. Now choose Tools, Skin developer, Edit skin properties. In the window that opens, check autoWidgetInjection, then Save. Now open your album project again, make the album again, and upload it again.

Correction: It appears that, for reasons unknown, this skin requires its own setting for invoking widgets, rather than using the jAlbum core functionality. So, go to FancyBox > General, check Allow widgets, and make and upload the album again.
Katzodrom

Posted: 24-May-2019 13:38   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Attachment Widgets.JPG (209,8 KB)
Thanks a lot! Activating autoWidgetInjection was the solution! (see attached picture). I just wonder how other albums worked with Fancybox and widgets from the very first moment without activating this option before. See https://hornbill.de/Vehikel-Bilder/
Anyway, thank you and all the best!
JeffTucker

Posted: 24-May-2019 14:03   in response to: Katzodrom in response to: Katzodrom

The setting in the FancyBox General panel will achieve the same effect. But don't try to use both of them - you'll end up with the widget code on the pages twice, which can be a problem.

In fact, using the FancyBox setting, rather than changing the skin's properties file, is the safer option, since that will still work after a skin update, without any editing.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums