This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-May-2019 15:09 Last Post By: Laza
odekkers

Compatible with Internet Explorer
Posted: 20-Apr-2019 13:39

Click to reply to this thread Reply
My album made with Tiger doesn’t work well with Internet Explorer. Should Tiger work with this browser?

https://ottodekkers.nl/denhalennoorbeek/

On this site in IE no folders are displayed.
jGromit

Re: Compatible with Internet Explorer
Posted: 20-Apr-2019 14:01   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Confirmed. The image thumbnails don't appear, either, so it has something to do with Tiger's page layout, probably the "flex" problem. One for Laza to look into.

Then again, IE11 usage statistics are running around 3%. There are many more users within corporations, but are those people ever accessing your site?

I think it's time to stop supporting IE11. Continuing that support is like giving a bottle of gin to an alcoholic.
Laza

Posted: 22-Apr-2019 09:55   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Tiger still supposed to work on IE11, I will check it. However once the flex layout will be fully adopted in Tiger 3+, IE11 will not be supported anymore.
rho-foto

Posted: 06-May-2019 10:16   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Hi Laza,

we have the same issue since the last Tiger update to 2.5.5 when with 2.5.0 we think all was still working fine. Going back to 2.5.1 doesn't help. May it's a collaboration between jalbum 18.2 and Tiger. We would really appreciate it IE would stay supported.

We are a group of photographers working on documentation of our citiy life and events and obviously have a lot of followers still using IE.

Example address: http://www.fotogruppe-mammendorf.de/2019/Quartal-2/2019-04-30_Impressionen_April_Thomas-Ulbricht_album/

best wishes
Robert
Laza

Posted: 06-May-2019 15:09   in response to: rho-foto in response to: rho-foto

Uhhh, I checked and it's a really small issue causing this. A label - "shopLabel" - is defined twice and IE 11 thinks it should stop all the Javascript on the page. No mercy for the repeaters! I wish they were as strict towards their own bugs. :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums