Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 05-May-2019 16:43 Last Post By: MarkusD
jj16

Special Album "Best of"
Posted: 18-Apr-2019 11:03
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have a large number of pictures in my albums.

It would be nice if you could mark selected pictures as "best", which will then automatically appear in a special "Best of" album.

If you do that manually, the files are 2 times in the web space, which is not so good and any more manual works.

Jens / jj.2fotos.de
davidekholm

Re: Special Album "Best of"
Posted: 18-Apr-2019 11:17   in response to: jj16 in response to: jj16
I like your gallery, but start by adding a link to it to your jAlbum profile page, then we can feature it (It can still be hosted elsewhere). If you're signed into the jAlbum software when you publish the album, then a link is added automatically, but you can also go directly to your jalbum.net profile page and add a link via it.
davidekholm

Posted: 18-Apr-2019 11:18   in response to: jj16 in response to: jj16
Forgot to actually answer your question too. Good idea. I'll pass this to the Tiger forum section for consideration by the Tiger skin developer.
AndreWolff

Posted: 18-Apr-2019 16:42   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
RobM

Posted: 18-Apr-2019 18:47   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
David, I had a similar request: https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=54918&tstart=0
A ‘best of’ can be added to any skin, as an example for site aware skins you can make a template page that only includes images with a five star rating. All it needs is a bit of coding.
Laza

Posted: 19-Apr-2019 08:24   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Good idea. Either making a custom page or using the JSON database to gather images by rating.
RobM

Posted: 30-Apr-2019 22:27   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza
Laza wrote:
Good idea. Either making a custom page or using the JSON database to gather images by rating.
Just had to have a play with the template method, sample album showing the best of page using Sprint skin.

Hover over a thumbnail and then click on the open icon (arrow out of a box) to open the 'best of slide page'. You can then:
Click on 'Best of album' to go back to the best of index page.

Click on the word to the right of 'From' e.g. 'People' to go to the 'real' folder - e.g.
Sample Portfolio/People/index.html.

Click on the last text above the image to goto the 'real' slide page e.g. Sample%20Portfolio/People/slides/David.html.

Click on the arrows/circles below the slide image to navigate to other best of images. Seven thumbnails are shown, changing slides will give different thumbnails, so you can eventually go though all of the best of images. Or click the 'UP' to go back to the index page which shows thumbnails of all of the best of images.

It does make a good feature for skins :)
AndreWolff

Posted: 01-May-2019 11:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
Hover over a thumbnail and then click on the open icon (arrow out of a box) to open the 'best of slide page'. You can then:
Nice, but this does not work on a mobile device!
RobM

Posted: 01-May-2019 12:08   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
It works fine on my iPad and android phone.
AndreWolff

Posted: 01-May-2019 12:50   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
RobM wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
Strange, my iPad has no mouse hover function!
RobM

Posted: 01-May-2019 13:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
AndreWolff wrote:
RobM wrote:
Strange, my iPad has no mouse hover function!
I haven’t included touch events scripting as I was mainly interested in creating the best of page code. However, for mobile device a brief tap on the thumbnails will (if you get your timing right) bring up the options of preview slide or open slide page - see attached.
MarkusD

Posted: 05-May-2019 16:43   in response to: jj16 in response to: jj16
jj16 wrote:
I have a large number of pictures in my albums.

It would be nice if you could mark selected pictures as "best", which will then automatically appear in a special "Best of" album.

There is a way to do that without any new features in JA. I tried to explain it here.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums