This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 10-Mar-2019 00:08 Last Post By: jGromit
rfm2

Neptune - text hover color
Posted: 09-Mar-2019 22:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I often use a different color or texture for the Index page and the Banner Title Bar, and often one is light and the other darker. Therefore I use different contrasting font colors. The only place to specify the link hover color (Custom/Colors/Index Page/Text link hover) applies to both places. Is there a way I can specify something in the Code/CSS box that would let me change the hover color of a link in the Banner Title Bar?
jGromit

Re: Neptune - text hover color
Posted: 09-Mar-2019 22:41   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

Yes, I considered adding more granular settings, but decided that it would overload the custom colors panel. And my CSS is simple enough that targeting things like that is fairly easy with the Code > CSS panel.

Here's the scheme.... The first two lines would make the link blue in a description, when shown over a theme image, and the link hover red. The second pair of lines would apply to the banner title bar, and would make the link color yellow and the link hover color green. As always, hex color codes are fine, too.

If you're crazy enough to put links in the album titles, just replace description with title to achieve the same effect.
.ne-pagedescriptionTI a {color:blue;}
.ne-pagedescriptionTI a:hover {color:red;}
.ne-pagedescription a {color:yellow;}
.ne-pagedescription a:hover {color:green;}
rfm2

Posted: 09-Mar-2019 23:53   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks for the quick (as always) response. The UI allowed me to specify the primary color, but I couldn't quickly find the spot in the common.css file where I could change the link hover color. Rather than trial and error changing different CSS lines hoping I could guess the right one, it sure is easier (on me) to just ask.

Your addition of the Code tab in your skins was the greatest thing ever. Before that feature was added to Matrix, I often hacked the skin to try to get what I was looking for, and as you know, probably just as often screwing up the skin enough that I would have to start over with a fresh copy. I now use 4 of the 6 Code slots with the Neptune skin, and using the FreeClips program it is very easy to add the the lines of code with each new album.
jGromit

Posted: 10-Mar-2019 00:08   in response to: rfm2 in response to: rfm2

You would have had trouble finding this in the regular CSS, because it's not there. The page description hover color is just inherited from the page body - there's no specific line of common.css that controls it. The first "C" in "CSS" stands for "cascading!"

Credit where credit is due - I believe a CSS tab first showed up in Turtle. I know a good idea when I see one. ;)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums