This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Dec-2018 16:16 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

How to create a watermark in panoramic pictures?
Posted: 13-Dec-2018 19:53

Click to reply to this thread Reply
With the Effects panel it is easy to show a watermark in normal images, but it does not work for panoramic pictures which are enlarged via a Panoramic user panel as you can see with the 11th picture in this test album.

What should I add to make this working too for panoramic pictures?
davidekholm

Re: How to create a watermark in panoramic pictures?
Posted: 13-Dec-2018 21:51   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff
Correct
I see the problem. The watermark IS actually present, but it's looking very small. It's actually pixel-wise the same size as on the other images, but as panoramic images need to be downsized further to fit on the page, the text also becomes smaller.

I don't know what would be the best approach here. If jAlbum should compensate the size then it would need to know how wide the browser window is and we don't know that at album build time. Furthermore, if the user zooms into the panorama image, then the text would naturally grow larger than the text of ordinary images.

Sidenote: I'm happy to see how your skins are getting a better and cleaner design. The sample gallery looks really good. Well done!
AndreWolff

Posted: 13-Dec-2018 22:36   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
I see the problem. The watermark IS actually present, but it's looking very small. It's actually pixel-wise the same size as on the other images, but as panoramic images need to be downsized further to fit on the page, the text also becomes smaller.
David your eyes are much better as my eyes!
Initially I did not see the watermark, but if you click the panorama expansion button it is visible, so it is OK for me.
Sidenote: I'm happy to see how your skins are getting a better and cleaner design. The sample gallery looks really good. Well done!
Thanks for the complements!
Maybe you should remove from your samples page examples from outdated skins and show more modern skins!
davidekholm

Posted: 13-Dec-2018 22:44   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

You're right. That page should have been updated but obviously isn't yet. I'll talk to Laza and Anders.
AndreWolff

Posted: 14-Dec-2018 16:16   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

David, this is in fact another reason to implement this feature request: it would be nice to have for panoramic pictures 2 images: one for the normal view with the default resolution of the album and one with the large size defined in the Panorama user panel.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums