This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Dec-2018 17:51 Last Post By: jGromit
odekkers

jAlbum 17 Error Set crop focus
Posted: 13-Nov-2018 15:05

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment JA crop focus.jpg (82.4 KB)
Since jAlbum 17, the Set crop focus doesn't work properly. When you select the default (Theme image), then a square is shown.

I was using the Tiger skin.

Edited by: odekkers on 13-Nov-2018 15:11
jGromit

Re: jAlbum 17 Error Set crop focus
Posted: 13-Nov-2018 15:29   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Are you sure you're not using one of the earlier jAlbum 17 release candidates? This was a problem, but it was corrected for the final release.
davidekholm

Posted: 13-Nov-2018 16:22   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Ensure you don't have an old CropFocus.jaext file lurking around under the "ext" folder of jAlbum's config folder (See Tools->open directories->Config directory)
odekkers

Posted: 02-Dec-2018 15:40   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

When I choose Help, Check for new versions, I get an message that I'm using the latetst version. So I think I do.
odekkers

Posted: 02-Dec-2018 15:41   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

In this directory, I don't have any cropfocus or jaext files.
jGromit

Posted: 02-Dec-2018 15:59   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Before going any further, you should do a complete uninstall/reinstall of jAlbum. The problems you are seeing suggest that you have some mixture of old and new files.

This will take only a few minutes, and you won't lose any of your albums or settings. Follow the instructions in this post. Do not skip any steps, and don't try to second-guess any of it.

https://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=35746
davidekholm

Posted: 03-Dec-2018 18:27   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

odekkers wrote:
When I choose Help, Check for new versions, I get an message that I'm using the latetst version. So I think I do.

The current version is 17.1 but we haven't updated the update notification yet (ensuring that the update is well received first)
odekkers

Posted: 20-Dec-2018 17:05   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I still have the problem, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. I now work with 17.1.5.

But I found a work arond. Try this to see how the work around works (or see the movie where I did the same steps):

• Select Tiger and check Crop Focus. At this moment, the Crop Focus for Tiger is wrong.
  • Select Responsive and check Crop Focus. Nothing seems to happen.
  • Select Tiger and check Crop Focus again. At this moment, the Crop Focus is *good*! Selecting Responsive has worked as a kind or reset.
  • Select Projector and check Crop Focus. At this moment, the Crop Focus for Projector is wrong.
  • Select Responsive and check Crop Focus. Nothing seems to happen, but again, this works as a kind of reset.
  • Select Projector and check Crop Focus. At this moment, the Crop Focus for Projector is good.
  • Select Tiger and check Crop Focus. At this moment, the Crop Focus for Tiger is wrong. But now, I know how to get it right.

This looks like a bug to me! Is it possible to fix it?

Kind regards.

Edited by: odekkers on 20-Dec-2018 17:06

Edited by: odekkers on 20-Dec-2018 17:07
jGromit

Posted: 20-Dec-2018 17:23   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Attachment ss004927.png (221.6 KB)
I still can't produce this error. When I choose Tiger, the crop focus area on the far right is already showing correctly (screenshot). Doing a right-click, Set crop focus, simply replicates the cropping mask that I see on the right.

One oddity, however, is that when I do a right-click, Set crop focus with Responsive, a warning triangle appears at lower right (it's visible in your MP4, in fact), and there is a null pointer error console dump.
odekkers

Posted: 20-Dec-2018 17:35   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

OK, so you start with a correct Crop Focus for Tiger. But what happens when you change the skin to Projector? In my case, I keep the Crop Focus for Tiger, so this is wrong for Projector. I have to change to Resonsive to get a kind of reset. After that, when I change to Projector, I get the right Crop Focus for this skin.

But when I change back to Tiger, I keep the Crop Focus for Projector! Again, changing to Responsive works like a reset, and after that, when I change to Tiger, I get the right Crop Focus.

On my PC, I can reproduce it very good, as you can see in the movie.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Dec-2018 17:40   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Yes, I agree that the cropping mask is not being consistently reset when you switch from one skin to another. If I go into the skin settings and change something that affects the theme image bounds, like making it taller, it does reset when I "OK" out of the settings, but not until then.

I've also observed that if I change the crop focus with the right-click context menu, the change is not reflected in the theme image box on the lower right.

That whole routine needs to be tightened.
jGromit

Posted: 20-Dec-2018 17:51   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

There's some kind of skin interaction going on here, as well. My own skins don't seem to exhibit the same misbehavior. Try switching between Neptune (long thin theme image) and Pluto (more like a 2:1 theme image). Don't hit any of Laza's skins while you're doing this test. Start with Minimal as the default, for example.

The mismatch between the context menu crop mask and the theme image box on the right is still problematic - sometimes it's OK if you make the change in the context menu, other times it's not.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums