This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 18-Apr-2019 16:49 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

Use cursor to define Theme image cropping and focus area
Posted: 20-Oct-2018 09:50

Click to reply to this thread Reply
You can make the definition of the cropping and focus area of the folder theme image more user friendly by adding an 'Edit' button to Folder Theme image box (or less user friendly a context menu) .

If you click that button, the theme image should be displayed in a larger window like you see if you open an image in the explorer. Next you can use the cursor to define the area you like to use as theme image as is already done in the 'Cut the edges off to improve your composition' window You have to add a scale factor to get a theme image of the size you want, so for example 3840x800 instead of 1920x400

With this implementation you can remove the Sample shape options in the explorer Set crop focus... pop-up and use that pop-up only for the thumbnail focus, the user has no longer to search for the corresponding theme image thumbnails as is required in the current implementation.

You can also remove the other folder theme image context menu's by adding 2 extra buttons in the opened window.

And hopefully you solve also the current Set crop focus problem.
davidekholm

Re: Use cursor to define Theme image cropping and focus area
Posted: 30-Oct-2018 11:59   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Thanks for the ideas. I'll consider it. Right now there is a backlog of other activities I need to work through.
AndreWolff

Posted: 27-Jan-2019 20:48   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
Thanks for the ideas. I'll consider it. Right now there is a backlog of other activities I need to work through.
Are you still considering this?
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Jan-2019 14:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

I have it on the todo list
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Jan-2019 17:25   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
I have it on the todo list
Nice, thanks!

Edit: on which place is this on your to-do list?

Edited by: AndreWolff on 18-Apr-2019 16:48
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums