This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 30-Sep-2018 20:43 Last Post By: RobM
firstsig1

Local upload fine; remote upload often stops after first 32kb of image
Posted: 30-Sep-2018 19:49

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I am still on Windows 7.

This problem occurred sometime after the JAlbum upgrade from Jalbum13.3 to Jalbum15.4.

The slide album(TURTLE skin) loads fine locally. When I try to upload to remote website I get some image files truncated to the first 32kb packet. The images actually range from 1MB to 3MB in file size. No error message is produced by the Jalbum Upload function.
My present work-around is to make the faulty upload then go into the remote website and clean out the bad files and use manual FTP method to upload the correct files. This works but is tedious and painfully manual in nature.
Any suggestions to help now would be great because I am expecting a large influx of images to handle in Jalbum in the next month (October 2018).

JAlbum has been great and very useful until this problem occurred.

JAlbum fan --- dave callahan

Edited by: $1065420 on 30-Sep-2018 19:52
RobM

Re: Local upload fine; remote upload often stops after first 32kb of image
Posted: 30-Sep-2018 20:43   in response to: firstsig1 in response to: firstsig1

Click to reply to this thread Reply
You could try changing the maximum simultaneous transfers, under Preferences/Publishing. Also try a different FTP type in Upload/Manage window. Some more information at https://jalbum.net/help/en/jAlbum/Upload#Fixing_upload-problems

If nothing works you might like to consider allowing the jAlbum team access to your remote site, they maybe be able to find out what is going wrong.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums