This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 01-Aug-2018 22:24 Last Post By: Laza
pdussart

Tiger functionality
Posted: 31-Jul-2018 14:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sir,

Issue 1: Is there a Tiger documentation ?

Issue 2: I am running a large picture database with a shopping cart and might switch to jAlbum + Tiger is the fonctionalty is OK. I have just downloaded a demo jalbum 16.1.2 with Tiger 2.2

BUT I cannot test all Tiger settings.
If I upload a test album, no shopping cart functionality is available.
So I cannot test the fonctionality of JjAlbum + Tiger. This is may be due to this demo version (valid 3à days), whilo the Album pro (paid) is required to run Tiger with Paypal, ....

Questions:
  • a choice of payments other than Paypal ? SEPA payments ?
  • quantity rebates, e.g. 1-5 pictures = full price, 6-10 pics = 10% rebate, etc
  • a choice of different shipment methods at the shop / DHL / post, ....
  • a link to photo printing companies. For instance PIXUM is delivering at LOW local post tariffs to Belgium, Danmark, Deutschland, España, France, Ireland Italia, Nederland Österreich, Schweiz, Suisse, Sverige, United Kingdom countries.

Ideally my international (European) customers would pay through SEPA and get at their home prints.

Regards, Philippe

Edited by: pdussart on 31-Jul-2018 14:52
Laza

Re: Tiger functionality
Posted: 31-Jul-2018 15:47   in response to: pdussart in response to: pdussart

Tiger documentation is here:
http://jalbum.net/help/en/Skin/Tiger
... or click the little blue "?" symbol on the settings page to get help with the related page.

If you have shopping cart in the local version you should have the same in the uploaded version too. Do you have a link?

It's not just the payment counts. PayPal offers a simple way of handling shopping carts, which SEPA can't, as that's only a bank-to-bank transfer method. The skin is based on simple HTML pages, which does not make it possible to communicate with payment gateways, otherwise anyone could manipulate the communication, and cause you big financial damage. That's what we don't want to take the responsibility for. If you need robust, customizable shopping cart solution, you'll find some on the market - e.g. Sopify - but that's a different category, costs also orders of magnitude more.

Shipment supposed to be arranged by you, for which you can ask compensation as "shipping fee" or "handling" on the Shopping cart panel.

Currently only "Fotomoto" is available as printing company, but I'll check out Pixum.
pdussart

Posted: 01-Aug-2018 08:46   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza,

I am still evaluating jAlbum + Tiger. So I am using the jAlbum demo version valid for 30 days.

This jAlbum demo comes with various skins, with Tiger as default.

Looks nice, but if I go to jAlbum settings, it looks like all options of Tiger are not active. Regarding the shopping cart, I get a message "buy jAlbum Pro"

Therefore, I cannot test Tiger with my own data before buying.
Messaging is not clear as well.

With the Paypal option, I assume that the buyer gets some feedback message. The seller should get an order with pictures ordered. In which format ? A message with a list of file names/formats/quantities ? A CSV file with a list of names/formats/quantities ?

Regards, Philippe

Edited by: pdussart on 01-Aug-2018 08:46
Laza

Posted: 01-Aug-2018 22:24   in response to: pdussart in response to: pdussart

Yes, true, the trial should allow for testing premium functions too. We'll check how this could be implemented.

The buyer will get a receipt of the payment, the seller will receive an email with all the details: item name, selected option, quantity. The list also available on the PayPal site too.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums