This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Apr-2018 09:12 Last Post By: Panam Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Panam

small slides in landscape mode on smarthone
Posted: 07-Apr-2018 22:22

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,
is there a way to enlarge the slides to view on a smartphone? It seems like they even look smaller in the landscape than in the portrait mode.

Everything is fine on a laptop and desktop screen.

Here is a link to my site: http://www.panamsur.com

Thanks!
jGromit

Re: small slides in landscape mode on smarthone
Posted: 07-Apr-2018 22:39   in response to: Panam in response to: Panam
Correct
Attachment landscape.png (102.4 KB)
Attachment portrait.png (215.1 KB)
Attachment widthLandscape.png (244.2 KB)
Attachment widthPortrait.png (362.2 KB)
This is the classic problem with landscape mode on a phone. The script resizes the image so that the title bar, image, and caption (if any) all fit within the height and width of the display.

Take a look at the landscape.png screenshot. If the image were larger, it would no longer fit in the height of the display - you'd have to scroll to see the whole thing. Depending upon the aspect ratio of the image, it will often have to be shown smaller when in landscape mode.

You could tell Gromit to use the "width" type of slide responsiveness, but that's really inferior on most displays. And on a phone, it would cause vertical scrolling, which is really unfriendly. Two more screenshots with a tall image that illustrate why this is not a good choice.
Panam

Re: small slides in landscape mode on smarthone
Posted: 08-Apr-2018 09:12   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I see what you mean, I guess I have to live with it then. Thanks again so much for your quick response, jGromit!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums