This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 15-Mar-2018 15:10 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
pdschu

Problems with Matrix 48 Title bar and album thumbnail
Posted: 14-Mar-2018 22:34

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment Screenshot.jpg (204.7 KB)
I have used Matrix for showing my photos on a website and have been quite happy with the appearance. Recently I was trying out the jAlbum 15 and the notice came for upgrading Matrix to version 48 which I did. Immediately in the preview I saw a change in the album title bar in that it was missing. I read the forum and found how to put the selected photo in the box on the right while in the explore window. HOWEVER, I have never been able to get the image size down to allow the entire picture to show in the title bar. I have tried every combination in settings, etc I have downsized the image in Photoshop with no joy. I cannot find a way to scale the image to fit as it DID in previous versions of Matrix. Surely I am missing something.
Another related problem is that I cannot move the album title and description text down low enough on the photo to look correct. I used the padding setting, but it stops at 200 px. Again, this was perfect in previous versions of Matrix.

All suggestions appreciated.

Paul
jGromit

Re: Problems with Matrix 48 Title bar and album thumbnail
Posted: 14-Mar-2018 22:43   in response to: pdschu in response to: pdschu

The current version of Matrix now uses the jAlbum theme image to put a picture in the title bar, instead of the former method. Please see this sticky thread, at the top of this forum section:

https://jalbum.net/forum/ann.jspa?annID=181

In short, do not try to use the Matrix > Backgrounds panel to place an image in the title bar. Instead, add the image you want to use to the album project, just as you would add any other image. But then drag it to the theme image box on the right, then exclude it from the album project (so it won't show up in the slideshow). Drag the cropping mask over the theme image to choose the portion of the image you want to use.

Then go to Matrix > Page & Titles > Theme Image, and tell Matrix how to use that theme image. Depending upon the sizes you choose there, you might want to go back to the cropping mask and make some adjustments.
jGromit

Posted: 14-Mar-2018 22:45   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

You might need to crop the image outside of jAlbum, before using it as a theme image. Figure out what kind of aspect ratio you want to end up with, and crop the full-sized image to that ratio (approximately - no need to get it down to the pixel). Then add it to the project.
jGromit

Posted: 14-Mar-2018 22:53   in response to: pdschu in response to: pdschu

pdschu wrote:
Another related problem is that I cannot move the album title and description text down low enough on the photo to look correct. I used the padding setting, but it stops at 200 px. Again, this was perfect in previous versions of Matrix.

Upon tinkering with it, I'm not happy with the way that setting is being used on the page - I'll need to do some experimenting to make it behave better. Stay tuned....

Edit: It would appear that the Code Gnomes snuck in during the development of Matrix 48 and made a bit of a hash of that entire routine. I'll fix it, but I need to be fully sober to do so and, as the expression goes, that train has already sailed. ;)
jGromit

Posted: 15-Mar-2018 15:10   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

See if Matrix 49, just released, helps with title positioning over a theme image.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums