This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 28-Feb-2018 16:26 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
AndreWolff

Unclear upload error message 550 Permission denied
Posted: 26-Feb-2018 17:23

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment jAbumError.PNG (532.5 KB)
While I was uploading an album with a lot of folders with the jAlbm upload function, I got error message

info.cqs.remotefs.......550 Permission denied, see enclosed screendump. There was no info about the problem file or folder.

One of the folders was uploaded in the past with an ftp program, but before I started the new upload I did delete that folder again with the ftp program. No detailed information was availble, so I have no idea if the problem was related to that folder.

How can I solve this problem? (jalbum 15,2 and Windows 10),
davidekholm

Re: Unclear upload error message 550 Permission denied
Posted: 27-Feb-2018 11:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

First, I'm sorry about the lack of a precise error message. You can trace what folder or file it relates to if you set the debug level to "FINER" under Preferences and restart jAlbum and retry. jAlbum will now print each communication with the ftp server to the console window. Also try this: Open jAlbum's upload window and set the connection type to "ftp (ftp4j)" and retry your upload attempt.
AndreWolff

Posted: 28-Feb-2018 15:02   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

I could solve the problem by uploading the folder albums with the FileZilla FTP program. Next I could use the jAlbum upload function without problems.

I hope you will show the problem folder / file name in the next jAlbum version, even if FINER is not set!
davidekholm

Posted: 28-Feb-2018 16:26   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Yes, I'll work on improving that error message.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums