Thread Locked This thread is locked - replies are not allowed.

Permlink Replies: 56 - Pages: 4 [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] - Last Post: 13-Feb-2018 18:26 Last Post By: davidekholm Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
RobM

Re: jAlbum 15.2 beta for testing
Posted: 01-Feb-2018 23:12   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Remember that you can create a "tools" folder under jAlbum's config folder and put external tools there in order to have them survive jAlbum updates.
There is a sticky note here, in the external tools forum and here, in the wiki showing users how to do it.
davidekholm

Posted: 05-Feb-2018 14:25   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM
Great!
davidekholm

Posted: 05-Feb-2018 14:35   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
I've now added support for folder specific user variables (doesn't seem to have been working for a long time). This for instance, allows users to add folder specific watermarks:

Please get jAlbum 15.2b4 from here. from here (Replace your lib/jalbum-core.jar file with that one).

Now you should be able to set folder specific user variables and refer to them in the text effects. Try this:
1) (Optional). Set up an album-wide default text by declaring a user variable under Settings->Advanced->User variables. Call it "foo" for instance and set it to "Album default".
2) For each folder: Right click folder and select "Edit". Now add folder specific user variables in the "User variables" property panel to the right. Override the "foo" variable with folder specific values.
3) (Optional) for certain individual images you may override the folder specific values by adding an image specific "foo" user variable.
4) Under Settings->Effects->Text, add the text $foo. This will be replaced by the current value of the foo user variable.
5) Perform a Make All and ensure to refresh the browser as you preview images. You should now have global, folder specific and image specific texts superimposed onto images.
davidekholm

Posted: 08-Feb-2018 14:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
Please try this Windows version of 15.2 beta . It's bundled with a cut down version of Java 9 where I've tried to remove stuff that's not used by jAlbum. So far this has cut around 20MB from the installer's size and 70MB disk space once installed.
jGromit

Posted: 08-Feb-2018 15:09   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
No visible smoke or flames so far.

Time to go play with the snowblower for a while, however, so others will have to do some stress testing.
davidekholm

Posted: 08-Feb-2018 19:32   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Enjoy!
jGromit

Posted: 08-Feb-2018 20:49   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
Enjoy!

Give me a few kronor, and I'll let you do some shoveling!

A house on an exposed hilltop, with a 65-meter driveway on a 10% grade. I'm just about ready to be shipped off to the Connecticut Home for the Bewildered.
ctwist

Posted: 09-Feb-2018 01:11   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jGromit wrote:
I'm just about ready to be shipped off to the Connecticut Home for the Bewildered.
I had always assumed that this was where your posts originated!
ctwist

Posted: 09-Feb-2018 01:13   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm
davidekholm wrote:
I've now added support for folder specific user variables (doesn't seem to have been working for a long time).
BluPlusPlus supports folder specific user variables. Do you know when it stopped working?

Edited by: ctwist on 08-Feb-2018 19:14
Also, do sub-folders inherit their parent's folder-specific user variables? BPP navigates up the folder hierarchy to ensure that folder-specific variables propagate to the sub-folders. Maybe this is no longer necessary?
jGromit

Posted: 09-Feb-2018 02:34   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist
ctwist wrote:
jGromit wrote:
I'm just about ready to be shipped off to the Connecticut Home for the Bewildered.
I had always assumed that this was where your posts originated!

I'll just keep setting up these big, juicy lobs for you.
jGromit

Posted: 09-Feb-2018 02:42   in response to: ctwist in response to: ctwist
ctwist wrote:
Also, do sub-folders inherit their parent's folder-specific user variables?

No. Just did a quick test, with a watermark variable at the album level, a different watermark at the folder level, and no user variable at the subfolder. The top level and subfolder got the album level watermark. The folder watermark applied only to that folder, not its children.

Just to be sure, I repeated the test with no album level setting. This time, only the folder images got the watermark - the top level and the subfolder got none.

So, no cascade of folder variables.
davidekholm

Posted: 13-Feb-2018 18:26   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
jAlbum 15.2 now released. See https://jalbum.net/en/software/release-notes
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums