This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 4 Feb 18, 08:08 Last Post By: johnnyjomp
johnnyjomp

Upload only new items?
Posted: 4 Feb 18, 00:12

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello everyone
Is there a way to make an album so I can upload only the new or updated items are uploaded to the web? No use uploading all the photos in albums that have not changed in months.
Thanks in advance!
John
JeffTucker

Re: Upload only new items?
Posted: 4 Feb 18, 02:22   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

(Thread moved - this is not specific to the skin.)

The jAlbum uploader does exactly that - it uploads only new or changed items.

If you're using a standalone FTP program to do the uploading, it will have a similar option. In FileZilla, for example, choose Edit, Settings, Transfer, File exists action, Uploads, and select Overwrite file if source file newer. Then you can just mark the entire album on the PC side and tell FileZilla to upload the whole thing. It will quickly skip over files that haven't changed.
johnnyjomp

Posted: 4 Feb 18, 04:28   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thank you, yet again!
johnnyjomp

Posted: 4 Feb 18, 05:24   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

You know what would be a good idea. Can you tell me what I should post here and what I should post in the Jalbum forum? I keep posting questions here that seem to be more suited for the Jalbum forum, and that wastes peoples' time.
John
JeffTucker

Posted: 4 Feb 18, 08:06   in response to: johnnyjomp in response to: johnnyjomp

It's not always easy to tell whether something involves the skin or the jAlbum core program, but a few guidelines:

• If the setting for something is on the skin tab, like Matrix, it involves the skin. If the setting is anywhere else, like Pages or Images, or on any of the Tools menu choices, it involves the jAlbum core, and the skin has nothing to do with it.
  • When you're adding images and folders, organizing them, and adding things like titles and comments, the skin isn't involved. These are all things that are the same no matter which skin you're using. Until you click Make Album, the skin's code isn't running.
  • If you get an error while building an album, that could be coming from either the skin or the jAlbum core. This is the time when you can't really tell which piece of the puzzle is the problem.
  • Once the album has been built, and you preview it, anything you do after that, like uploading, doesn't involve the skin. Once the album build is finished, the skin's job is done.
johnnyjomp

Posted: 4 Feb 18, 08:08   in response to: JeffTucker in response to: JeffTucker

Thank you
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums