This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 18 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 02-Feb-2018 01:41 Last Post By: PaulWhiting Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
jGromit

Re: household cleaning
Posted: 01-Feb-2018 00:52   in response to: PaulWhiting in response to: PaulWhiting

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Oh, I'm not a jAlbum employee, and I don't live in Stockholm. I'm just a volunteer, hunkered down in the wilds of northwest Connecticut.
PaulWhiting

Posted: 02-Feb-2018 00:41   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Near Warren, perhaps? I had a dear friend who lived there, a gifted custom woodworker. Sadly, I lost him a few months ago. We were high school buddies in New Jersey.

Anyway, I finally got Filezilla under control. Embarrassed to say I was looking in the wrong window, so obviously I wasn't logging in. Turned out Filezilla's Host fill-in wasn't happy with my domain name. Luckily I found some notes from a while back, found another way of entering the Host, and that worked. It was a long string of numbers ending in "1and1-data.host". (1and1 is my host.)

Sure enough, there were the two villains. What was scary was that when I deleted them the window with the ? in front of the folder names showed a rapid series of deleting for each folder. Scary. But after each delete it showed a retrieve. Strange.

Anyway, logged out, went to my jAlbum upload list of files and those two were missing. Finally! Checked my website and all was intact.

I haven't used Filezilla for years, obviously needed to get familiar with it again.

PS: Arghh... will this ever end? When I look at my folders in the upload procedure, some of them have subfolders consisting of some of the other folders! I guess I'll be able to delete them in Filezilla. I'm getting a tad frustrated... am I doing something basically wrong?!!

Edited by: PaulWhiting on 01-Feb-2018 16:50
jGromit

Posted: 02-Feb-2018 00:57   in response to: PaulWhiting in response to: PaulWhiting

PaulWhiting wrote:
What was scary was that when I deleted them the window with the ? in front of the folder names showed a rapid series of deleting for each folder.

Absolutely normal. If you delete a folder in an FTP client program like FileZilla, it first has to delete each file in the folder. Only then can it delete the folder itself. So if the folder contains 20 files, you'll get a flickering series of 21 deletions.
PaulWhiting

Posted: 02-Feb-2018 01:07   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yeah, that I can understand. But I kept getting "delete-retrieve, delete-retrieve... etc." for the other folders! I should've made that more clear.

Edited by: PaulWhiting on 01-Feb-2018 17:41
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums