Within the last couple of weeks, perhaps coincidentally, about the time I installed my first version of 15 (I now have 15.1 installed), I have encountered an inability to stayed signed in on the website. No problem staying signed in on the application. I remember this popping up a few times with others several years ago, but I don't see anything about it in the recent forum entries. Each time I sign in on the website opening page the "Keep me signed in" box is always checked. The issue occurs in both my Win 7 desktop and Win 10 notebook. Any idea what might be causing it?
Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't see it yesterday. My default browser on both the Win7 desktop and the Win 10 notebook is Firefox. I had not given any thought to the possible effect of the browser on the problem, although your question about it made me realize that the problem might have started about the time I was automatically updated to Firefox 57.0.2 (which has enough changes to be annoying). I started some tests with the browsers and here are the results so far.
On the Win 7 desktop, open the browser, go to the website, sign in (with "Keep me signed in" checked), go to the forum, close the browser, open the browser, go to the website again, and I am not signed in, whether using Firefox, IE 11, or Chrome.
On the Win 10 notebook, if I use Firefox to go to the website, sign in, close the browser, open the browser, go to the website, and I am not signed in. But if I go to the website with Edge or IE11, without re-signing in before exiting Firefox, I show as being signed in, even having cleared cookies with CCleaner and refreshing the browsers. If I go to the website with Chrome I show as not being signed in, even refreshing the browser.
It looks like it might have something to do with going through Firefox, although on the Win 7 desktop it does the same thing with IE 11 and Chrome without going through Firefox. Guess I'll have to do some more experiments to see if I can figure out why.
I finally noticed when looking at cookies with CCleaner there was no cookie from jalbum.net after visiting the website and signing in. I had always set jalbum.net as a protected cookie, but there was none now showing, current or protected. I opened each browser, made sure each allowed cookies until I manually delete all, signed in to the website, closed each browser, and then went to the cookie screen in CCleaner. Moved the jalbum.net cookie from current to protected. Reopened each browser, went to the website, and all 3 showed that I was still signed in. I have no idea how the cookie handling got changed, but all seems to be OK now.
Glad you hunted it down. I was puzzled, because I've had the opposite problem. I sometimes log in with a dummy account, just so that I can see what a non-admin sees on the site, and I often find that if I then go from the main site to the forum, it stubbornly logs me in as jGromit again!