This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Dec-2017 15:02 Last Post By: jGromit Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
SimonGruber

base on mobile phone screen
Posted: 30-Nov-2017 23:58

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hello, i use skin "base" and I am not able to make it responsive.
On my mobile phone the pictures are always shown to big.

Very interesting is, that if I use links on Facebook and Instragram to visit
my website, everything is shown in the right size, but if I go
directly to my website it's still not in the rigth size.

Is there any opportunity (best would be step to step description:)) to solve
this problem.

best regards
Simon
SimonGruber

Re: base on mobile phone screen
Posted: 08-Dec-2017 14:43   in response to: SimonGruber in response to: SimonGruber

Now I understand that "base" is working in correct size at google chrome, but still
not the right size at "firefox"
Is there any advice to adjust also for firefox?
jGromit

Re: base on mobile phone screen
Posted: 08-Dec-2017 15:00   in response to: SimonGruber in response to: SimonGruber
Helpful
Base is not a responsive skin. The thumbnail table and the slide pages are a fixed size, no matter what device you're using to view the album.

A mobile browser like Chrome on Android will do its best to show the entire page within the size of the phone screen, but that usually means that text becomes unreadable, and thumbnails get to be too small to see. Firefox on Android doesn't behave the same way - it just forces the visitor to scroll horizontally.

But if you're trying to accommodate visitors with mobile devices, Base just isn't the skin to use. Look for a skin that is fully responsive. Using a phone, try a skin like Gromit, for example - here are links to several demo albums: https://jgromit.com/gromit/

On the skins page on this site, check the search box marked Responsive layout to see which skins work properly on small displays as well as large ones.

https://jalbum.net/skins/updated
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums