This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 08-Nov-2017 09:30 Last Post By: davidekholm
AndreWolff

Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 04-Nov-2017 08:49

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment TigerFirefox.PNG (855,1 KB)
Attachment TigerChrome.PNG (574,0 KB)
My default browser is Chrome, so if I preview a local album made with the Tiger skin, I see a red error message, see screenshot TigerChrome.
If I next open the local album with the FireFox browser, I can display the result without problems, see screenshot TigerFirefox

So if I could define the preview browser for jAlbum, I can display a local Tiger album directly without problems.
davidekholm

Re: Make it possible to define the preview browser under Preferences
Posted: 04-Nov-2017 10:03   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

A very valid wish. I hope to be able to implement it, but it will be more effort requiring as there are now Java APIs for this, so implementation needs to be platform specific. So it's at least 3 times the work.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 11:43   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
...there are now Java APIs for this....

I believe you mean no Java API's, correct?
RobM

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 11:51   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
A very valid wish. I hope to be able to implement it, but it will be more effort requiring as there are now Java APIs for this, so implementation needs to be platform specific. So it's at least 3 times the work.
Would a keyboard option, like SHIFT + Alt clicking on the preview icon resulting in an ‘Open with…’ be easier. It would be more flexible.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 13:33   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

Attachment jalbum122.png (1,6 MB)
AndreWolff wrote:
My default browser is Chrome, so if I preview a local album made with the Tiger skin, I see a red error message, see screenshot TigerChrome.

You may use a local web server, see screen shot and http://jalbum.net/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=53211&tstart=0 Users will appreciate access through WLAN.
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 13:44   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger

karlmistelberger wrote:
You may use a local web server, see screen shot
Most normal user have no idea what a local webserver is!
AndreWolff

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 13:51   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Would a keyboard option, like SHIFT + Alt clicking on the preview icon resulting in an ‘Open with…’ be easier. It would be more flexible.
Too dififcult to remember for most users, however if David can’t implement the proposal, it is an idea to select such an option in the Preferences, so that you get ‘Open with ...’ with a normal click. This enables you to test the album locally with several browsers.
davidekholm

Posted: 04-Nov-2017 18:26   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
davidekholm wrote:

Worth considering.
RobM

Posted: 07-Nov-2017 23:54   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

Following on from Karl's post in the tips forum, I have updated the wiki to give more information on using jAlbum's built in web server
davidekholm

Posted: 08-Nov-2017 09:30   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

RobM wrote:
Following on from Karl's post in the tips forum, I have updated the wiki to give more information on using jAlbum's built in web server

Appreciated!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums