This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 14 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 03-Nov-2017 16:13 Last Post By: jGromit
odekkers

Map not always clickable
Posted: 25-Oct-2017 15:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment JA Map click.jpg (215,0 KB)
I have an album with a map. When it is a small album, you can click on the pin on the map (see screenshot) and then the photo taken at that location is shown. I like this feature. With bigger albums, the map isn't clickable. I found out that an album with 10 photo's has a clickable map, when I add 15 photo's to the same album without changing any settings the map isn't clickable. So there seems to be a limitation somewhere between 10 and 25 photo's. Does anyone know why this is and if there is a way to get rid of this limitation?
Laza

Re: Map not always clickable
Posted: 26-Oct-2017 08:15   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

This supposed to work. Perhaps using some kind of non-web-safe characters in file names can trigger some error in Google Maps API? I can't tell by looking into a screenshot. A link to an album would be much better.
jGromit

Posted: 26-Oct-2017 13:15   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I just tried an album with over 40 geotagged images, and the map works fine.

So, there's something else causing a problem. Start with the 10 images that work, and exclude the others. Then re-include the others one at a time (include one, make album, preview, include the next, etc.) until you find the image that's breaking the map.
odekkers

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 22:30   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Well, thanks to your suggestions, I looked a little more carefully what's going on.
Somehow, each pin on the card gets a serial number, starting with 0. (zero dot). You can see the serial number if you move the mouse over the pin.

The first 10 pins are clickable (number 0. to 9.)
The others are not clickable.

I have tried with multiple sets of images, with the same result.
Probably a problem with the amount of digits of the serial number?

Album with 10 pictures, all clickable

Album with 20 picture, only 0. to 9. are clickable

Edited by: odekkers on 29-Oct-2017 22:31
jGromit

Posted: 29-Oct-2017 23:01   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

No, I can click on any of them in my test album, well up into the 30's. Can't imagine why they're not working in your album (and I agree, they're not working in your album, so it's not some sort of browser problem on your end).
Laza

Posted: 30-Oct-2017 08:10   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Unfortunately I can't debug Google's code...
Can you please test if you bump up the "Settings / Tiger / Site / Site admin / Preloaded thumbnail rows" to 4 (or above) will this fix the links? Also, once you're there please turn on "Debug mode" so I can look into what's happening in the skin's code.
odekkers

Posted: 01-Nov-2017 17:55   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Some more information. In the album with 20 pictures I raised the Preloaded thumbnail rows to 4 and now all 20 pictures were clickable (numbers 0. to 19.).

But then I added 5 more pictures to the album and the last 5 (20. to 24.) are not clickable (follow the link below). As far as I have seen (I made several test albums) the amount of clickable pins is related to the number of proloaded thumbnails (4 rows * 5 thumbnails = 20 thumbnails, when I raise the Preloaded thumbnail rows to 5 all 25 pictures are clickable).

Unfortunately you can raise the Preloaded thumbnail rows only up to 10, so with albums bigger than 50 pictures not all pins will be clickable.

Next link leads to the album with 25 pictures and 4 Preloaded thumbnail rows. It is generated with Debug mode on. I hope this will help you.
Testalbum with 25 pictures

Edited by: odekkers on 01-Nov-2017 17:55
Laza

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 10:02   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

Thanks for testing! It seems the "Link to originals" was the culprit. This way the links was not "slides/image.jpg", just "image.jpg" and the name matching algorithm couldn't find the image this way.
odekkers

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 22:42   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I'm glad you found what caused the problem. What's the solution? Do I have to change any settings or do you have to change something in the skin code?

Kind regards, Otto.
jGromit

Posted: 02-Nov-2017 22:45   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

odekkers wrote:
...or do you have to change something in the skin code?

That. (Laza will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is something the skin should be able to handle.)
Laza

Posted: 03-Nov-2017 11:49   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Yes, this was a bug in the code I fixed now.
karlmistelberger

By The Way
Posted: 03-Nov-2017 15:48   in response to: odekkers in response to: odekkers

As I am using Tiger nearly for all of my albums I checked this album for working map:

http://www.mistelberger.net/Tiger/2017-05-19/index.html

Clicking any of the more than 100 markers on the map never failed to open the associated image with any of the versions of Tiger tried since 2017-05.
jGromit

Re: By The Way
Posted: 03-Nov-2017 15:54   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger

karlmistelberger wrote:
As I am using Tiger nearly for all of my albums I checked this album for working map:

Clicking any of the more than 100 markers on the map never failed to open the associated image with any of the versions of Tiger tried since 2017-05.

Of course not. You've chosen Link to scaled-down images only, which has always worked. This bug affected only the Link to originals choice, as the posts above make perfectly clear.
karlmistelberger

Posted: 03-Nov-2017 16:06   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
karlmistelberger wrote:

Of course not. You've chosen Link to scaled-down images only, which has always worked. This bug affected only the Link to originals choice, as the posts above make perfectly clear.

Laza' s post reads:

"It seems the "Link to originals" was the culprit." which isn't exactly "perfectly clear".
jGromit

Posted: 03-Nov-2017 16:13   in response to: karlmistelberger in response to: karlmistelberger

My German is very rusty, but:

Es scheint, der "Link zum Original" war der Schuldige.

Klar?
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums