This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Oct-2017 07:25 Last Post By: ksmatharu
ksmatharu

Scroll/swiping, and buttons in Safari browser on iOS 11.0.3.
Posted: 28-Oct-2017 14:09

Click to reply to this thread Reply
On iPad Air 2, and also on iPhone 6.

See test page here: https://www.silentnomad.com/imagestest/Photos/Myanmar/index.php#img=_DSC8414.jpg

Item 1.
When I’m on an image page, if I touch the background and swipe up slowly, the tops of several thumbnails move into the page from the bottom before disappearing. Also, the browser’s scroll bar is showing the page is being scrolled but there is no change to the viewer...but I can see that the colours of the browser’s "menu" area is changing, almost as if there are blurred thumbnails being scrolled. The length of scrolling is directly related to the number of images in that folder.

On my Surface Pro: Firefox, Chrome, and Edge do not exhibit this behaviour.

Item 2.
In an image page, when I tap on "Photo Data" or the "Share" buttons, I get a message that you normally only get when doing a mouseover i.e. "Display photographic (Exif/Iptc) data" or "Share this photo over social sites". I then have to tap on the button again to get the desired pop-up window.

On my Surface Pro: Firefox, Chrome, and Edge go straight to the pop-up when I single-tap the relevant button (although Edge does very briefly show the mouseover message before displaying the pop-up).
Laza

Re: Scroll/swiping, and buttons in Safari browser on iOS 11.0.3.
Posted: 30-Oct-2017 07:53   in response to: ksmatharu in response to: ksmatharu

Unfortunately none of my iOS devices is allowed for iOS11 upgrade... :( I should have buy a new iOS device again...

1. I don't see the point why would you scroll up the background in the lightbox.

2. That's the expected behavior. Browsers which support mouse too will allow you to perform the click action right away, while those with touch only interfaces will first perform the hover action first.
ksmatharu

Re: Scroll/swiping, and buttons in Safari browser on iOS 11.0.3.
Posted: 31-Oct-2017 07:25   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks for that. Regarding Item 1, it was just that I touched the display to bring up the Tiger navigation/menu, and just happened to move my finger.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums