This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 04-Oct-2017 15:24 Last Post By: TimMartinPhoto
TimMartinPhoto

Tiger on Iphone not showing any images
Posted: 28-Sep-2017 09:35

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Just looking to move our albums to Tiger as was really keen for shopping cart function on smartphones. Having done a test album the images are simply not showing up when clicking on a thumbnail, it moves to a black screen. (control bar still at top though).

Any thoughts?
Laza

Re: Tiger on Iphone not showing any images
Posted: 28-Sep-2017 10:50   in response to: TimMartinPhoto in response to: TimMartinPhoto

Can you please give me a link to check?
RobM

Posted: 28-Sep-2017 10:52   in response to: TimMartinPhoto in response to: TimMartinPhoto

Some basic checks you could look at and confirm if set.
http://jalbum.net/forum/message.jspa?messageID=318430#318430
TimMartinPhoto

Posted: 28-Sep-2017 12:03   in response to: RobM in response to: RobM

Thank you, use thumbnail for folder wasn't checked. Images now showing, but no control bar or add to basket type buttons visible on phone. Just black space above and below.
Laza

Posted: 28-Sep-2017 12:36   in response to: TimMartinPhoto in response to: TimMartinPhoto

No control bar? Perhaps you are looking at the "mobile replacement version"? You can turn this "feature" off on your jalbum.net / albums page (move the mouse over the thumbnail) -> Edit album -> Disable the automatic mobile replacement version = ON.
TimMartinPhoto

Posted: 28-Sep-2017 21:10   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I had checked that one and it is set to remain as Tiger on mobiles. Still nothing but the image on the pages.

Link here to the quick test album

http://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/1831934
jGromit

Posted: 28-Sep-2017 22:24   in response to: TimMartinPhoto in response to: TimMartinPhoto

No problem on Android (S7).
Laza

Posted: 29-Sep-2017 08:10   in response to: TimMartinPhoto in response to: TimMartinPhoto

I checked iPad / iOS10 / Safari, Android 6 / Chrome. All work as expected.
TimMartinPhoto

Posted: 04-Oct-2017 11:55   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

For some reason it seems that 'enable mouse wheel navigation' may have been causing issues.

Anyway very happy with it now. Only 2 remaining issues.

1. Hero image/banner is no fitting to screen on a mobile
2. How do I remove share button from info panel?

Thanks in advance!
Laza

Posted: 04-Oct-2017 12:57   in response to: TimMartinPhoto in response to: TimMartinPhoto

Uh, the "mouse wheel navigation"? Can it be that your mobile tries to mimic the mouse wheel action someway? I haven't seen such from a mobile so far.

The hero image is simply centered on a mobile. As the aspect ratio is greatly different from the desktop version. It can't be fit into the box, otherwise the image would simply be placed in the box with empty spaces below and above.

There's no such option yet as disabling the share functionality selectively in the lightbox, but I think I can add this easily.
TimMartinPhoto

Posted: 04-Oct-2017 13:03   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

It was on an iphone but it just seemed that when I tried to show the info panel it was either off the screen below or not visible. Anyway all fine now.

The share issue shouldn't be a problem as I assume the shared link would not work without the album password on a private album anyway.

Thank you.
jGromit

Posted: 04-Oct-2017 13:53   in response to: TimMartinPhoto in response to: TimMartinPhoto

If you disable all the share options under Tiger > Site > Social, there should be no share button on the info panel.
TimMartinPhoto

Posted: 04-Oct-2017 15:24   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

That did the trick thanks.

I have now used Tiger on an actual album due to go public and it is not going quiet as smooth as hoped.

The main album has three subfolders with passwords. When I upload, sometimes it is showing with the subfolders working however sometimes show as grey blocks that do not open, especially on phone.

Here is the link

http://timmartinphoto.jalbum.net/Kingswood%20School%20Portraits%202017/

It may be that I have to go back to one album per folder but the ability to password the subfolders under a single parent album is preferred.

All working fine in preview though.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums