This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 17-Sep-2017 10:01 Last Post By: Laza
paulturk

Pre-load all images
Posted: 22-Aug-2017 18:20

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is there a way to load ALL images on a page at once so that I don't have to wait for each new row of images to download as I scroll down? Presently, Tiger doesn't even load enough images to fill the screen (see attached), and this leaves huge empty rectangles at the bottom of my screen until I scroll down just a bit for the next row to load.

More rows should be pre-loading just off-screen at the bottom waiting for user; the user shouldn't be waiting for the images. I understand the purpose of only loading images on-demand, but my guests are asking for all images to be downloaded at once so that the images are present when they start scrolling. Thanks.
Laza

Re: Pre-load all images
Posted: 22-Aug-2017 18:34   in response to: paulturk in response to: paulturk
Helpful
Those thumbs supposed to be loaded as soon as possible. There was a single version that could have left empty rectangles, but I have fixed that since. If the skin loads all the images upfront, the javascript will only load after that, and you can't start the lightbox, the rows will not be equalized before that, and none of the functions that rely on javascript will work. Perhaps you can raise the number of preloaded thumbnails but not above some 20-30. Open the skin editor (Ctrl-Shift-E) and replace the following lines in sections.inc:
Line 36:
						if (n >= thumbCols) {

change to:
						if (n >= thumbCols * 10) {

Line 75:
						mx = folderCols * 2;

change to:
						mx = folderCols * 10;
paulturk

Posted: 22-Aug-2017 22:59   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Perfect. I just had to "Make Changes" on the whole album (which was full of subfolders). I'm already running jAlbum 14.1.7 - Jave 1.8, 64bit so I'm not sure why this happened. Brilliant skin. Simply great work!
paulturk

Posted: 16-Sep-2017 20:15   in response to: paulturk in response to: paulturk

Hi again. The new version of Tiger again leaves empty, blank rectangles visible at the bottom of the screen. Please tell me again if there is yet again another way to pre-load still more images with this new skin version?
Laza

Posted: 17-Sep-2017 10:01   in response to: paulturk in response to: paulturk

Now the option is added through the user interface: "Settings / Tiger / Site admin / Preloaded thumbnail rows"
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums