This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 19 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: 13-Sep-2017 15:14 Last Post By: jGromit
Laza

Re: PDF file links no longer working
Posted: 11-Sep-2017 20:06   in response to: Soulportals in response to: Soulportals
Correct
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Check if "Settings / Pages / Copy originals if needed" is ON.
jGromit

Posted: 11-Sep-2017 20:10   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Laza wrote:
Check if "Settings / Pages / Copy originals if needed" is ON.

FWIW, I tinkered with that quite a bit, and it didn't seem to matter, but I'll test it a bit more....

Edit: That may, indeed, be the key. If you choose Link to originals or Link to originals via scaled images, but don't check Copy originals if needed, you get an album in which the PDF is still in the correct place (the root of the output), but the link to it is pointing a level above that.

Try: (demo album removed)

But it's fiendishly difficult to test this because of browser caching. Even clearing the cache is sometimes not enough.

Edited by: jGromit on 11-Sep-2017 14:43

Edited by: jGromit on 13-Sep-2017 09:14
Laza

Posted: 12-Sep-2017 07:54   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Helpful
This hinted me at "Copy originals" was OFF: "I just checked the site files and the pdf are not being uploaded. I manually uploaded them and now the links to the files are incorrect."
Soulportals

Posted: 13-Sep-2017 13:37   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

I had to manually upload the pdf files, they were not being uploaded, and once uploaded (as you noted) the links that pointed to the files were incorrect. I tried turning on copy originals if needed and uploaded again. The pdf files were then uploaded without me having to manually do it. After having cleared the cache and reloading the page it seems the issue is resolved. So the fix was changing the setting as you pointed out. Thank you Laza and jGromit. For your assistance in resolving my question.

"Settings / Pages / Copy originals if needed" TO = ON
jGromit

Posted: 13-Sep-2017 14:11   in response to: Soulportals in response to: Soulportals

Soulportals wrote:
"Settings / Pages / Copy originals if needed" TO = ON

It's turning out that these days, that's one of those settings that should always be left ON.

Glad that fixed it. :)
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums