This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 11-Sep-2017 18:20 Last Post By: FokusPokus
vfwpost12074

Thumbnail Stretched - Need help with Main Thumbnail Image
Posted: 09-Sep-2017 05:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I need help with the main image thumbnail. For some reason the main image thumbnail is stretched and I do not want the image to be stretched as it looks very odd. How do I modify the settings to not stretch the main image thumbnail and make the main image thumbnail presentable? Here is the link to my album:

http://www.vfw-chiangmai.org/In%20Our%20Memories/
jGromit

Re: Thumbnail Stretched - Need help with Main Thumbnail Image
Posted: 09-Sep-2017 12:50   in response to: vfwpost12074 in response to: vfwpost12074
Correct
Attachment ss003226.png (1,3 MB)
Attachment ss003227.png (812,3 KB)
I'm not seeing any "stretched" thumbnail images in your album. See screenshot. If you're seeing something different, refresh your browser cache.

Perhaps you are referring to the large "hero" image at the top. It's not stretched, but it's certainly cropped in a way that makes it useless. How bad it is idepends on the size of the viewport (monitor).

That's a longstanding problem in some jAlbum skins. The skin tries to use the folder image both to represent the folder and as a banner at the top. But of course, these are incompatible uses for a single image - a folder thumbnail is roughly square, but the banner is almost a pano. Using a human face for that hero image is particularly problematic.

But there's a well-known trick you can use in jAlbum to help the situation. Find an image that you want to use as the hero image across the top - perhaps that pano image of Doi Suthep from your home page (minus the logo - that will be a problem). Add it to the album. But now tell jAlbum to exclude it - right-click on its thumbnail and choose Exclude. But then right-click again, and choose Use as folder thumbnail. Tiger will now use that pano image for the hero image at the top, but there won't be a clickable thumbnail for it in the album.

The result will be like my second screenshot.
Laza

Posted: 11-Sep-2017 12:28   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Helpful
... or perhaps you can opt out of the hero image completely with the "Flat color" option in the "Settings / Tiger / Header / Hero / Design" panel.
FokusPokus

Posted: 11-Sep-2017 18:18   in response to: vfwpost12074 in response to: vfwpost12074
Helpful
Attachment Image1.png (89,6 KB)
I use a static width, wich is the same as the row of pictures/sublinks.

I choose a foto myself, cut it to the propper size, wich is identical to the measures "Settings / Tiger / Site / Design / Max. page width" and "Settings / Tiger / Header / Hero / Height"
wich makes it 1040 x 400, declare the Picture as Folder thumbnail, exclude it and good is.

See example

http://www.hhoffmann.de/pix/Architektur/

Edited by: FokusPokus on 11-Sep-2017 18:19

Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums