This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 25-Aug-2017 14:23 Last Post By: jGromit
calari

Minimal skin no longer displays folder titles
Posted: 24-Aug-2017 20:57

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have an album that uses the Minimal skin. Each folder was given a title and shows when I am on the Explore tab. However, when I make the album, the folder name is displayed under each folder. I do have Title selected as the thumbnail label. I added a comment to a folder and chose Comment to display with the thumbnail - that worked. But when I changed back to display the title, the folder name is shown instead. I just installed an update to the Minimal skin so I'm guessing something changed. Running Jalbum 14.1.7 and Minimal 7.1.0. Any ideas?

Edited by: calari on 24-Aug-2017 20:57
jGromit

Re: Minimal skin no longer displays folder titles
Posted: 24-Aug-2017 22:25   in response to: calari in response to: calari
Helpful
This is what happens when we let David make skin revisions without supervision. ;)

The new routine for choosing which items appear in a thumbnail caption fails to make the distinction between image titles and folder titles, which have different variable names internally.

I'll see if I can straighten this out, and will post back....
calari

Posted: 24-Aug-2017 22:39   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thanks!!
jGromit

Posted: 24-Aug-2017 22:57   in response to: calari in response to: calari
Correct
Attachment Minimal.jaskin (77,2 KB)
This is a quick patch job - there are still some things about this that I'm not thrilled with┬╣, so we may have to revisit it. This installs as Minimal 7.2.0b.

Before making an album, check the settings on the Texts tab, since they are very different from what's there in Minimal 7.1.0, and will need some setting before you make the album. You can drag and drop items from the Available column to the Used column, and even change the order by dragging.

┬╣ What I'm not thrilled with is the fact that the slide page titling options and the thumbnail titling options aren't truly parallel. In particular, the slide page titling lets you grab the file title if there is one, but use the file name if there isn't. The thumbnail routine doesn't work quite the same way. I need to mull that one over for a bit.
calari

Posted: 25-Aug-2017 01:04   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Thank you for the super quick fix! Works well.
davidekholm

Posted: 25-Aug-2017 09:03   in response to: calari in response to: calari

If you want file names to be presented unless there are file titles, drag "Title" followed by "File name" to the "Used" list, then select "Show first found" in the combo box next to the "Used list".
davidekholm

Posted: 25-Aug-2017 09:13   in response to: calari in response to: calari

Thanks for reporting this change in behavior. The intention with the update was to add flexibility, not to change Minimal in a way that you get a different behavior. I've now updated Minimal so it prefers to display titles for folders and only uses file names if titles are missing.
jGromit

Posted: 25-Aug-2017 14:08   in response to: davidekholm in response to: davidekholm

davidekholm wrote:
If you want file names to be presented unless there are file titles, drag "Title" followed by "File name" to the "Used" list, then select "Show first found" in the combo box next to the "Used list".

For the slide pages, you can display the file title if there is one, the file name if there is no title, and the file comment (similar option for the folder index pages). How do you do that with the thumbnails?

I'm also a bit unsure about a couple of the inclusions on the list.

Keywords are useful if the skin has a search function, but I don't think any user has ever asked to be able to display them as a caption.

Full file names, with extensions, are useful if the skin has a shopping cart (especially if you want to automate the back end), but I can think of only one or two users who have ever wanted to display them as captions.

What users more often ask for is a count of images in a folder and, for individual files, things like video length.

And for a folder, what's the difference between File name and Base name?

I'm sure you can work all these things out. ;)
jGromit

Posted: 25-Aug-2017 14:23   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

And Minimal 7.1.1 doesn't solve the poster's problem. Put a title on a folder. For the thumbnail caption, choose Title, File name, and Show first found. You will never see the folder title in the album.

In short, it's still not accounting for the fact that fileTitle and folderTitle are not the same thing.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums