This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 23-Aug-2017 10:06 Last Post By: Laza
RichardHC

Shopping Cart item name
Posted: 13-Mar-2016 00:00

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I LOVE photoblogger, excellent skin! But I have a problem. I am trying to get the shopping cart to work with the Linklok paypal script (http://www.vibralogix.com/) that I have used with your Chameleon skin. It has been really good, giving buyers the download links for their purchases and sending the buyer an email with their download links. But it does not work with your new Photoblogger skin. I've been working with Adrian at Vibralogix to try and get the paypal automation working with Photoblogger. It seems the problem is that Photoblogger does not send the item description name to Paypal. In the shopping cart the item name shows up just as it is in the photoblogger selling images skin - "Download=" but on the PayPal summary there is just "slides/imagename.jpg" and the PayPal IPN sent has &item_name1=slides/imagename.jpg.

In Chameleon the shopping cart sends this to PayPal
300dpi digital image
Item number filepath/imagename (Download)

I just downloaded your latest photoblogger skin and it has the same problem.
So how can we get photoblogger to send the item_name to PayPal so it has (download) as part of the item number?
Laza

Re: Shopping Cart item name
Posted: 15-Mar-2016 10:47   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

I wasn't aware of this problem, so there is no fix so far, but for the next release I will fix this.
RichardHC

Posted: 15-Mar-2016 22:31   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

If it could work the same way it did in Chameleon that would be excellent! I have been using the http://www.vibralogix.com script to deliver images to buyers for years and it has been really a big help. I don't need to do anything - it's all handled by the script.
I'll keep watching this forum for an update and will let Adrian at Vibralogix know what you come up with. Thanks Laza.
RichardHC

Posted: 28-Mar-2016 06:39   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

Adrian at Vibralogix.com updated the paypal/linklok script so it now will send links to images purchased using photoblogger to the end user. It works great. I will keep updating the skin and if you fix the shopping cart problem I will pass on the changes to Adrian.
Laza

Posted: 29-Mar-2016 11:44   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

Can you please clarify what do you expect? Now Photoblogger sends the following info:
<form name="paypal" action="https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr/" method="post" target="BuyNow">
<input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value="http://mysite.com/album/folder/index.html">
:
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="Shop option name = US$ 0.20">
:
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="2 items">
:
<input type="hidden" name="item_name_1" value="slides/firstphoto.jpg">
<input type="hidden" name="amount_1" value="0.2">
<input type="hidden" name="quantity_1" value="1">
:
<input type="hidden" name="item_name_2" value="slides/secondphoto.jpg">
<input type="hidden" name="amount_2" value="0.2">
<input type="hidden" name="quantity_2" value="1">

</form>

I just didn't want to add the full path to each and every item, being afraid of limitations in packet size. The full path can be easily accessible through the "shopping_url" variable.
RichardHC

Posted: 15-Aug-2017 00:41   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Has the info sent to paypal from photoblogger changed since this reply?

I'm having a problem with it again; when I have two photos with the same title - description - but the file name is different I can't tell which one has been sold in the paypal reply - it is only sending me the description name not the file name.
Laza

Posted: 15-Aug-2017 08:17   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

No, I can't remember if anything has changed with the shopping cart recently. I checked the code and it sends the title (if present). Wasn't it working this way before?
RichardHC

Posted: 18-Aug-2017 23:54   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

No, before it sent the file name, not the title. Some of my photos have the same title but different file names so I can't tell what was ordered. Before it sent slides/filename.jpg

Edited by: RichardHC on 18-Aug-2017 23:56
RichardHC

Posted: 22-Aug-2017 07:28   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

So what parameters is the shopping cart sending to PayPal now? Is it just the title and not the file name? There is no way to automate the download if you don't send the file name.
Laza

Posted: 22-Aug-2017 12:42   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

I have checked the code and it should send the file name, not the title. Can you send me an URL to check?
Laza

Posted: 22-Aug-2017 12:46   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

No, sorry, I don't know when this changed or why, but it sends the Title if exists, and the file name if not.
Laza

Posted: 22-Aug-2017 13:28   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Attachment laza.paypal.min.js (21,2 KB)
Attachment laza.paypal.js (52,8 KB)
I've fixed paypal.js now so it sends the following format to PayPal:

(path/to/image/filename.jpg) TitleIfExists :: ShopOptionName

I doubt it ever worked this way though. I guess you haven't added custom titles so far.
Save the attached files into the skin folder's "js" subfolder.
RichardHC

Posted: 22-Aug-2017 21:44   in response to: Laza in response to: Laza

Thanks very much for helping, but I DO have titles for the photos; it's just that the automated script to send the download needs to have the file name and the title isn't the same as the file name.

See http://imagesnewcaledonia.com/UnderOverwater/index.html#img=red_seafan_mbe.jpg

For an example of the problem there are many images with the same title:
http://imagesnewcaledonia.com/Flowers/index.html#img=Codia_nitida2.jpg

With the either title or file name in the js script I guess it will send the title and not the file name. Will the revised js send the file name? It would be even better if it did not send the path, just the file name.
Laza

Posted: 23-Aug-2017 10:06   in response to: RichardHC in response to: RichardHC

Yes, it sends the filename every time. It sends the title only if there's a custom title. The path is sent because it's also needed to identify a specific photo. And the skin sent the path before too.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums