This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14-Aug-2017 17:50 Last Post By: AndreWolff
AndreWolff

Error: got a not-OK status code…
Posted: 14-Aug-2017 09:27

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Attachment UploadError.PNG (459,6 KB)
If I upload a new skin version, I get sometimes the error message Error: got a not-OK status code…, see enclosed screenshot.
If you check the skin page after you click OK, the new version is visible on the skin page, so I am not sure what to do after such a message.
System Windows 10 and jAlbum 14.1, but I have seen this message in earlier versions of jAlbum.

What does this message mean and what do I have to do after this message?
Should I delete the uploaded skin version?
jGromit

Re: Error: got a not-OK status code…
Posted: 14-Aug-2017 13:26   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
System Windows 10 and jAlbum 14.1, but I have seen this message in earlier versions of jAlbum.

I've never seen that message, but I'm curious - why would you think that the version of the jAlbum application would make any difference?

It would be more useful to know whether this happens with a certain browser, but not another, or perhaps how you're packaging your .jaskin file.
AndreWolff

Posted: 14-Aug-2017 16:55   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

jGromit wrote:
It would be more useful to know whether this happens with a certain browser
Google Chrome
or perhaps how you're packaging your .jaskin file.
Via the corresponding jAlbum menu item of course
jGromit

Posted: 14-Aug-2017 17:12   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
jGromit wrote:
It would be more useful to know whether this happens with a certain browser
Google Chrome

OK, so do you get the same error with Firefox?

or perhaps how you're packaging your .jaskin file.
Via the corresponding jAlbum menu item of course

Well, that takes one possible cause off the list - using some other zip creation package might have been introducing something like a bad file termination character. The built-in jAlbum routine, however, works fine.

This is how controlled debugging works.
AnCa

Posted: 14-Aug-2017 17:39   in response to: AndreWolff in response to: AndreWolff

AndreWolff wrote:
If I upload a new skin version, I get sometimes the error message Error: got a not-OK status code…, see enclosed screenshot.
I haven't touched those skin-admin pages since we made them responsive last summer, so I don't know what it can be. It would be great if you can make it reproducible.
AndreWolff

Posted: 14-Aug-2017 17:48   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

AnCa wrote:
so I don't know what it can be.
??? You have the code, so you can see when this message is generatied and you can see the impact of this message and you can correct the text of that message so that it is understandable by normal users!
It would be great if you can make it reproducible.
Forget that: I repeated the upload om the same PC with the same browser and there was no error message.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums