This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 31-Jul-2017 14:55 Last Post By: AnCa
cm73

Uploading from iPhone
Posted: 30-Jul-2017 11:52

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I have been a Jalbum user and fan for many years and have always found it to be fantastic. Up until now I have always been on our self hosting standard license.

I am on a trip and want to be able to use select photos on my phone and put them up on an album that I can share.

My understanding is the only way to do that would be to use the professional hosted platform, is that right?

Is there any other way to upload photos from my phone to a self hosted album?

I realise there is an iOS app but it looks like it hasn't been updated since 2013 and so I'm wondering if it's still supported. I'm nervous about investing time in a system that is being phased out.

I'm wondering if anyone has figured out some mechanism like ITTT - if this then that - or some other hack to get photos to a self hosted site. Maybe through email?

Many thanks for any responses.

C Malcolm
RobM

Re: Uploading from iPhone
Posted: 30-Jul-2017 13:36   in response to: cm73 in response to: cm73

The iOS app still works for iOS 10 but further updates may take some time, see this post
RobM

Posted: 30-Jul-2017 13:39   in response to: cm73 in response to: cm73
Helpful
cm73 wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has figured out some mechanism like ITTT - if this then that - or some other hack to get photos to a self hosted site. Maybe through email?
jAlbum 13 or newer supports emailing photos to a project, but you would still need access to the computer to update and upload the album.,
AnCa

Posted: 31-Jul-2017 14:55   in response to: cm73 in response to: cm73
Helpful
cm73 wrote:
I realise there is an iOS app but it looks like it hasn't been updated since 2013 and so I'm wondering if it's still supported. I'm nervous about investing time in a system that is being phased out.
We are working on an update of the iOS app, mainly to make sure it works using iOS 11, but there will also be some design updates. This update won't however have any new features.
But yes, it is will supported.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums