This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 7 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 20-Jul-2017 19:03 Last Post By: buckstone
scottishregion

Having problems customizing front page/welcome page.
Posted: 31-Jul-2016 12:33

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Good Morning All,

I'm rebuilding my site after losing bits of it, due to a dead PC. I'm doing OK with the albums/thumbs/photos etc but the front page/welcome page is giving me grief.
Having re-downloaded jAlbum, the newer version seems to have a different page setup.

I've uploaded my theme image for the page and that seems OK.
The tabs for "Activity", "Albums" and "Settings" encroach on the theme image, whether I'm signed in, or not. Can this be fixed?

Also, I would prefer the setup I used previously, with a smaller "About Me" box, and smaller album thumbnails beside that box, not below it. I can't find a way of manipulating the components on the front page. Am I missing something?

My front page is http://scottishregion.jalbum.net/

Many Thanks in advance,

Dougie.
jGromit

Re: Having problems customizing front page/welcome page.
Posted: 31-Jul-2016 13:10   in response to: scottishregion in response to: scottishregion

This isn't a skin question, so I'll move it.

What you're talking about is your profile page on this site. That has nothing to do with what version of jAlbum you're using - the profile page here is the same whether you're using jAlbum 8 or jAlbum 13.

What's recently changed is that Anders and Laza have been working to make the site responsive - it wasn't, before. So, this is just the new layout.

I see at least some of the problems you're running into. I think you're going to need a new theme image, with the text at the top, rather than the bottom, so that the tabs don't cover up anything vital.

Your name is too long for the space - I think it's because there are no spaces, so the page layout can't line-wrap it. Make it D.J. Henderson (space before H), and it should work a little better. Still, that's a problem that Anders/Laza might want to look at.

There's no way to rearrange the other elements on the page, however. This is the new look.
jGromit

Posted: 31-Jul-2016 15:26   in response to: scottishregion in response to: scottishregion
Helpful
Another option, which you might prefer....

Go to the Settings for your profile page, and choose Portfolio mode and save it. That gets rid of the tabs that are encroaching on your theme image.

Then remember to sign out and visit the page, so you can see what other visitors will see.
scottishregion

Posted: 02-Aug-2016 15:05   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Good Afternoon again,

Thanks for your help and guidance with this so far. I've revamped the page completely and am pretty pleased with the results ......http://jalbum.net/en/users/scottishregion .

As far as this page is concerned, the only other change I would like to make, is to remove the Twitter, Facebook, Google etc logos at the bottom of the profile box. Is there a setting for this?

Many Thanks, as always,
Dougie
jGromit

Posted: 02-Aug-2016 15:15   in response to: scottishregion in response to: scottishregion

scottishregion wrote:
As far as this page is concerned, the only other change I would like to make, is to remove the Twitter, Facebook, Google etc logos at the bottom of the profile box. Is there a setting for this?

As far as I know, there isn't. Perhaps Anders can address this.
AnCa

Posted: 02-Aug-2016 15:17   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit
Correct
jGromit wrote:
As far as I know, there isn't. Perhaps Anders can address this.
Yes, you're correct. There is no option to remove those. But there probably should. I'll note it done for future improvements.
scottishregion

Posted: 02-Aug-2016 15:47   in response to: AnCa in response to: AnCa

OK, Thanks,
It's hardly a major issue, I just think it unbalances the page.

Many Thanks,

Dougie.
buckstone

Posted: 20-Jul-2017 19:03   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Still seems it's still a fixed feature. When will we be able to remove Tweet, Like and G+? It should be my choice over what to feature my the page.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums