This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 06-Jul-2017 17:19 Last Post By: msand42
msand42

disable music control bar in folders
Posted: 05-Jul-2017 14:40

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I just installed Matrix 43.1 in jAlbum 14.0.
I want to add a music control bar in the index page but not in the folders.
I noticed in the Matrix Users Manual that I might be able to do this on a per-folder basis via the tab Image/Folder Settings >> Music. If that is true, where do I find that tab?
jGromit

Re: disable music control bar in folders
Posted: 05-Jul-2017 14:54   in response to: msand42 in response to: msand42
Helpful
You can provide different tracks for a folder, and change the autostart setting, but whether there's a control bar for the music, and where it's located, has to be the same for the entire album.

To get to the image/folder settings, see the user's manual: https://jgromit.com/matrix/man/matrix_custui_access.html
msand42

Posted: 05-Jul-2017 19:05   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I found that I can turn off the music (hide the control bar) by removing just this line in the main index.html or a subfolder's index.html:
<audio controls autoplay controlsList='nodownload'></audio>

It might be a useful feature to add this capability within the Matrix settings.
jGromit

Posted: 05-Jul-2017 19:46   in response to: msand42 in response to: msand42
Helpful
Removing that entire line will eliminate the music from the page completely. Delete only the word controls from the line, instead. Just make sure you leave autoplay in there, because without controls, there would be no way to start the music!

As a skin option, it's more complicated than that. At the album level, you have five choices for music controlbar positioning. I wouldn't want to have just a "hide controls" checkbox at the folder level - that would be poor option design. I'd want to present the same positioning choices at the folder level as the ones that are available at the album level.

But if I were to allow different positioning of the controls at different levels, or in different folders - for example, top left at the top level, bottom right in a folder - I'm now faced with a familiar problem. The positioning is governed by the CSS, and there's only one CSS file per album. So, there would have to be in-line CSS in the folder, or a separate folder.css file. Not terrible, but messy.

Music was added to Matrix almost seven years ago, and you're the first person to ask for this, IIRC, so it's never been on the list of improvements. I'll put it in the "maybe" category.
jGromit

Posted: 05-Jul-2017 19:51   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

Attachment ss003144.png (14,4 KB)
By the way, if you just want to have no music in a folder, just go to that image/folder specific tab, check Override for this folder, and don't enter any music tracks. See screenshot. No need for any manual editing of output.
msand42

Posted: 06-Jul-2017 17:19   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

That last thing is just what I was looking for. Thanks!
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums