This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13-May-2017 21:52 Last Post By: jGromit
dsmith44

Using Gromit - how do I zero all hit counters?
Posted: 13-May-2017 05:13

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi, this is my first post and my first attempt at using jAlbum. I've got all of my settings set to what I think is best for my purposes, but during all the testing, my hits went up substantially on many of my images and albums.

How do I reset those to 0?

Also, may I inquire as to how to set each album image to be a random image rather than a static image?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Dan

Edited by: dsmith44 on 13-May-2017 05:17
jGromit

Re: Using Gromit - how do I zero all hit counters?
Posted: 13-May-2017 13:48   in response to: dsmith44 in response to: dsmith44

dsmith44 wrote:
Hi, this is my first post and my first attempt at using jAlbum. I've got all of my settings set to what I think is best for my purposes, but during all the testing, my hits went up substantially on many of my images and albums.

How do I reset those to 0?

Those "hit counters" are part of the jAlbum widgets, not part of the Gromit skin. In fact, the skin doesn't know they're being displayed at all. Contact jAlbum support - there's no way you can reset them yourself.

You might want to reconsider displaying the widgets. If you just want to know how many people are visiting your site, use Google Analytics, which lets you exclude your own IP address and also excludes robots. GA is invisible to your visitors - do they really care how many other people have see the albums?

Also, may I inquire as to how to set each album image to be a random image rather than a static image?

jAlbum produces albums on your PC, which you then upload. There is no server-side processing done to them at all. So, what you see is what you get. The page code of the album can't change after you've uploaded it. If the code says, "show mydog.jpg," you're always going to see mydog.jpg.
jGromit

Posted: 13-May-2017 13:50   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

BTW, your album violates jAlbum's Terms and Conditions, but as long as you're hosting it elsewhere, it's not a problem.

However, the album link can't be displayed on your profile page here, so I've hidden it. I'll ask Anders to mark your account so that albums are always hidden by default on your profile page, but you should also click the Privacy button the next time you use the jAlbum uploading routine (it's on the second screen, where it says, "Your album will now be uploaded to...."), uncheck Visible on profile page, and click Save as default.

The widgets will still work, either way.
dsmith44

Posted: 13-May-2017 21:50   in response to: jGromit in response to: jGromit

I didn't realize the software also uploaded my album to jAlbum. Plus, it's only a test, that's why it's called "sandbox". Is there a way that I can set it to NOT upload the html to jAlbum, as in working exclusively on my own web server?

If not, I'll be removing it shortly, as it was only an experiment.

Thank you for your helpful tips.
jGromit

Posted: 13-May-2017 21:52   in response to: dsmith44 in response to: dsmith44

No, you misunderstand...

Your album has been uploaded only to your own web host.

But for widgets to work at all, an album must at least be listed on your profile page here. Otherwise, the jalbum.net site has no way to keep track of hits, comments, and so on.
Legend
Forum admins
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums